Carpenters Insurance in Washington
- Compare quotes in minutes, with no obligation to buy
- Buy online and receive coverage confirmation – instantly
- Access only top-quality insurance companies (A-rated or better)
Insurance for Carpentry Businesses in Washington
Carpenters play a vital part in the construction sector in The Evergreen State. Their assistance is needed at every stage of construction, starting from constructing the frame to putting on the final touches.
Learn about insurance for carpenters in Washington and find out how BizInsure can assist you in comparing insurance quotes from a variety of A-rated companies.
What types of insurance do carpenters need in Washington?
You may consider various kinds of insurance for contractors in the field of carpentry in Washington to protect your finances and employees.
General Liability insurance
Construction sites and work sites can be hazardous. Small accidents could have a major impact on your carpentry business.
You may be faced with costly bills if you injure anyone or cause damage to property through an accident. For this reason, many carpenters choose General Liability coverage for their businesses.
Also referred to as Commercial General Liability (CGL) or “slip and fall coverage”, this insurance can protect your business against bodily injury or property damage lawsuits from outside parties. If this happens, your policy covers your legal costs as well as the cost of repairing or replacing the situation.
Workers’ Compensation insurance
Workers’ Compensation insurance protects your company and its employees. If any of your employees get injured at work or are ill, this type of insurance will cover their medical bills. It will also cover some of their lost income if they’re unable to work because of the injury, as well as rehabilitation or physical therapy to transition the employee back into the workplace.
Workers’ comp insurance is required for any businesses with at least one employee in Washington state.
Who needs carpenters insurance in WA?
Many small businesses want to safeguard their businesses from potentially devastating claims. This is the same for tradesmen and women.
- Self-Employed Carpenters – Owning your own business is an exciting experience, however, you also carry a great deal of responsibility. An insurance policy that covers General Liability could help manage your risks.
- Commercial Carpenters – A General Liability policy will protect you, your employees, and your business against some claims from third parties.
- Contractors – It is not only carpenters that you need to consider. Any contractor regardless of whether handyman, electrician or plumber is able to obtain General Liability coverage for their company.
What does carpentry insurance cover?
General Liability insurance for contractors, including carpenters, provides coverage for lawsuits and claims that arise from:
- Injuries to a third-party
- Damage caused to a third-party property
General Liability coverage for carpenters can cover your business regardless of the merits of the claim. False claims are just as costly to defend as valid ones. Insurance can help protect your carpentry from being ruined by an unfounded allegation.
Business insurance cost for carpenters in Washington
The amount of carpenters’ and contractors insurance you have to pay in Washington is likely to be different from the other carpenters or contractors you meet in your area.
Some of the factors that affect the cost of insurance are:
- Business Size – Usually measured by revenue.
- Business location – A carpenter working in Seattle may pay higher insurance premium than in Bellingham o Spokane.
- Employee numbers – A policy that covers more employees will usually have a higher insurance premium.
- Coverage level – You might pay more to get higher levels of protection.
- Claims history – A carpenter who has filed numerous claims in the past will be more likely to pay in insurance than someone who hasn’t yet done so.
Before buying an insurance policy, many carpenters will look at quotes from various insurance companies. By doing so, they can better understand the costs of coverage and choose policies for their company.
How BizInsure helps protect your carpentry insurance
Your carpentry company is doing well. But you do not have the time to visit different websites to get insurance estimates. BizInsure can help you with this task.
It was specifically designed for contractors who work full time. We remove the hassle and time in buying insurance so you can focus on developing your company. Instant coverage options allow you to safeguard your business from carpentry.
In just 10 minutes, you can compare multiple quotes and choose coverage options that will meet your needs.
Frequently asked questions about carpentry insurance in WA
Does carpenters insurance cover your tools and equipment?
General Liability insurance will not cover damages to your equipment or tools. You may be able to find policies specifically designed to safeguard yourself as well as your equipment.
How much carpenter insurance do I need in WA?
The amount of insurance you need depends on the size and cost of the project you decide to take on. When you have an existing General Liability policy, but are now taking on larger projects, it may be worthwhile to increase your coverage.
Learn more about carpentry insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929