What to do when you have a claim or you learn someone thinks they have a claim against you?
- First, collect and save any information pertinent to the claim
- The information needed will depend on the type of claim you are reporting. Typically, however, the following is important:
- Your contact information
- The name and contact information of any other involved parties
- Your policy info (if available)
- The type of loss you are reporting
- The date the incident occurred
- A description of the loss
- A description of any injuries
Please download and complete one of the following claims forms:
After you complete the form, email it to: email@example.com
What happens after I report a claim?
Very shortly after reporting your loss (typically within a working day or two), a claims professional from the insurance company will call you to obtain information about the claim and to discuss what will happen next. He or she will also answer any questions you have. Your claims professional is here to be your guide throughout the claim process. We understand that most of our customers are not insurance experts, so the claims professional is here to help every step of the way.