1-877-900-9998 Call

Why do Interior Designers need it?

Interior design is a unique job, one that balances creativity with the usual demands of running a small business. Missed deadlines, costly mistakes and incomplete projects can leave you open to legal action from your clients. This is why interior designers should consider protecting their livelihood with Professional Liability insurance.

Speak with our licensed agents today

You can relax knowing you’ve secured the right insurance and the right price with Bizinsure. We allow you to compare multiple quotes so you can compare cost and coverage.




What is Professional Liability Insurance?

Professional Liability, otherwise known as E&O insurance, protects your business against claims of negligence, misrepresentation or mistake. Typically, the allegation is that your services, products or employees caused some form of financial damage to a third party. Regardless of fault, litigation is expensive, drains time and damages reputation. Professional Liability insurance can protect professional service providers from potentially devastating financial damages resulting from alleged negligence or error in the delivery of your services.

Coverage is provided for:

  • Attorney fees and other legal expenses
  • Costs and expenses related to a settlement
  • Costs and expenses related to a judgment


Professional Liability Insurance (aka E&O insurance) – Interior Design

As an interior designer, you translate your client’s vision into reality. You may provide advice to clients or contractors also working on a project. No matter how careful you may be, mistakes can happen. However, even a small error could lead to an expensive lawsuit.

Professional Liability insurance for interior designers safeguards your business against claims of mistakes, errors, omissions, negligence, or other similar allegations related to the services you provide. This includes attorney fees, court costs, and settlements and judgements.

General Liability Insurance

Also referred to as Commercial General Liability (CGL) or “slip and fall coverage”, General Liability insurance can protect your business against bodily injury or property damage lawsuits from outside parties.

This type of policy can provide your business with protections not covered by your Professional Liability policy. For example, if you accidentally break a client’s vase while working on their project, General Liability insurance would cover the cost of replacing the vase.

Business Owner’s Policy

Many interior designers may find that a Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) is the best choice for their small business. A Business Owner’s Policy is a convenient and affordable way for small business owners to protect against several of their most common exposures. These policies combine General Liability insurance with other types of coverage, such as business interruption and business property damage.