Insurance for Videographers
- Compare quotes in minutes, with no obligation to buy
- Buy online and receive coverage confirmation – instantly
- Access only top-quality insurance companies (A-rated or better)
It’s completely free to get multiple quotes from A-rated insurers
No paperwork. Your policy will be emailed instantly. We know you’re busy.
Trusted by thousands of businesses nationwide.
Do you need Videographer Liability Insurance?
Creativity, technical expertise, and smart business sense are hallmarks of a good videographer.
Whether you are a wedding videographer preserving precious memories, or a freelance videographer juggling a variety of projects, your work is demanding, dynamic and ever-changing.
But like any profession, yours comes with some risk. No one likes to think about worst case scenarios but giving some thought to protecting yourself now, can save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
Consider these scenarios:
- You are shooting in a public park and a child trips over your equipment and breaks their wrist. The family wants you to pay for the child’s medical bills.
- You didn’t set up your equipment correctly at an office shoot and your camera falls through the office window. Now you are responsible for the cost to repair the damage to the window.
- You accidentally format over a memory card in the middle of a wedding and lose the photos. The family is now suing you for breach of contract.
No matter what type of videographer you are, having some form of insurance protection in place is important to have in case things do go wrong.
Did you know?
General liability insurance can provide coverage nationally. Wherever in the U.S., you operate your business at, you will be protected by general liability.
What are the types of insurance for Videographers?
General liability insurance
General Liability is the most common and essential type of business insurance. This insurance can protect videographers against bodily injury or property damage lawsuits from third parties.
General Liability insurance may even be required by your customers with many venues requiring you to have it if you are going to shoot on site. Customers, landlords and partner companies may also require you to have it as part of your contract.
General Liability coverage protects you if things go wrong
- It protects you from accidents related to bodily injury or property damage caused to a third party
- It provides coverage for accidents that occur at your premises
- It will handle claims related to damage that may have arisen from the promotion of your business or day to day operations.
- There is even coverage for medical expenses if someone is injured at your premises and needs immediate medical attention.
How much does General Liability insurance cost?
General Liability is one of the most affordable insurance coverages you can purchase.
Premiums can vary depending on your specific operation as well as the scope and size of your videography business. Policies can cost as little as $33 per month.
Not only is the coverage affordable, but getting cover is easy.
BizInsure makes shopping for insurance simple. Just go online, plug in a bit of information and let BizInsure do all the work for you. You can easily compare quotes from different insurance providers and purchase the best insurance for your business.
Professional Liability insurance
What is Professional Liability insurance
Professional Liability, also known as Errors and Omissions or E&O insurance, protects videographers against claims of negligence, misrepresentation or mistakes.
Professional Liability can provide protection to you against claims that your professional services were not up to par. And for claims which may include allegations of negligence, misrepresentation, or error.
Regardless of fault, litigation is expensive taking draining you of your time and potentially damaging your reputation. This is where Professional Liability insurance can protect videographers from potentially devastating financial damages resulting from alleged negligence or errors in the delivery of your services.
How much does Professional Liability insurance cost
Professional Liability insurance can start from as low as $47/month depending on the scope of your business and the policy limits you select.
Some of the factors that impact the cost, or premium, for a Professional Liability policy include:
- Revenue size: The more you earn as a videographer, the more you have at stake, so the higher your insurance cost.
- Claims history: Have you had any prior insurance claims? Prior claims can add to the cost of insurance.
- Risk management procedures: Do you have safety and security procedures in place? They could help lower your premium.
- Coverage limits: The limits you select will determine your annual premium. When selecting your limits, consider your clients’ requirements.
- Deductible: The deductible is the amount you pay out of pocket if you need to use your insurance policy. It can also affect the cost of your insurance.
No matter how much experience you have as a videographer, accidents can happen. Don’t leave it up to chance and be prepared by having insurance protection in place.