Insurance for Educators
- Compare quotes in minutes, with no obligation to buy
- Buy online and receive coverage confirmation – instantly
- Access only top-quality insurance companies (A-rated or better)
Why do Educators need it?
As an educator, you no doubt put in countless hours creating lesson plans, grading papers, and enriching your students’ classroom experience and the quality of your school. Liability insurance is probably the last thing on your mind.
Unfortunately, educators, school administrators, and other education professionals are not immune to legal claims. Working closely with students, parents, and other educators can open you up to risks.
Professional Liability insurance can help protect you, so you can focus on more important matters.
Speak with our licensed agents today
You can relax knowing you’ve secured the right insurance at a competitive price. BizInsure’s licensed and knowledgeable agents are here to help you find the right product.
What is Professional Liability Insurance?
Professional Liability, otherwise known as E&O insurance, protects your business against claims of negligence, misrepresentation or mistake. Typically, the allegation is that your services, products or employees caused some form of financial damage to a third party. Regardless of fault, litigation is expensive, drains time and damages reputation. Professional Liability insurance can protect professional service providers from potentially devastating financial damages resulting from alleged negligence or error in the delivery of your services.
Coverage is provided for:
- Attorney fees and other legal expenses
- Costs and expenses related to a settlement
- Costs and expenses related to a judgment
Professional Liability Insurance for Educators
Educators often give advice in different capacities. A teacher or guidance counsellor may assist students through the college admissions process. An education consultant might help create a curriculum to raise test scores. An administrator may advise the district on teachers’ salaries. No matter how careful your advice is, there’s always a chance that a mistake will be made or the information you provide is misunderstood.
Professional Liability insurance can help shield you financially against workplace lawsuits regarding any professional advice you may give. If someone alleges that your advice resulted in a financial loss for them, Professional Liability insurance will help cover the legal cost of defending yourself, whether the claim is valid or not.
General Liability Insurance
Educators may also consider General Liability insurance to protect their business. Education consultants, tutors and others working independently may benefit from this type of cover. In some instances, customers, landlords and suppliers may require you to have General Liability insurance by contract.
General Liability insurance protects against:
- Accidents related to bodily injury and property damage of third parties
- Accidents that occur inside or outside of your place of work
- Advertising injury and personal injury claims related to the promotion and day-to-day operation of your business
- Medical expenses if a third-party is injured and requires immediate medical attention at your place of business