Errors and Omissions Insurance Connecticut
- Compare prices in a matter of minutes. There’s no commitment to buy
- Buy online and instantly receive confirmation of your coverage
- Access only top-quality insurance companies (A-rated or better)
What is Errors and Omissions insurance?
Also known as Professional Liability insurance, an Errors and Omissions (E&O) policy protects your business against claims of negligence, misrepresentations, or mistakes. E&O claims are typically made by clients who allege some form of financial damage as a result of your services, products or employees.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of Advocacy, there were 360,127 small businesses in The Nutmeg State in the year 2022. In addition, they comprised 99.4% of all the Connecticut companies, these numbers continue to increase.
No matter what industry you’re in, the type of products you sell or the services you offer, mistakes can happen. Even if you have an impressive track record one error could result in a lawsuit being filed against your company.
Errors & Omissions coverage is essential to small-scale business owners in order to protect their financial security in an extremely competitive market. Your company is secured against claims resulting from your negligence (errors) or insufficient service (omissions).
What does Error and Omissions insurance cover in Connecticut?
In Connecticut, Errors and Omissions insurance can cover a wide range of expenses as long as they are within the limits stated in the insurance contract. This insurance will allow you to save on:
- Legal Costs Lawyers usually charge an hourly rate. Engaging an experienced lawyer can be costly, even if the case is settled quickly. So the longer the issue is resolved, the more you’ll need to shell out.
- Court costs – Filing documents in the court’s office, underwriting fees and other administrative expenses, and any associated legal expenses.
- Settlements to help save each party from the expense of lengthy litigation, generally claims are settled outside of the court. Based on the advice of your legal counsel advises that you may be required to pay the client a specific amount.
- Judgments – In the event that your case does go to trial, and the judge rules in favor of the plaintiff you’ll be required to settle the amount, or take the risk of having a lien imposed on your company assets
Who needs Errors and Omissions insurance in CT?
Professionals and businesses whose work involves providing clients with expert advice, educated advice as well as solutions to problems or who are able to represent the needs of others are required to purchase Errors and Omission insurance.
Regardless of whether the assertion is true or unsubstantiated, Errors and Omissions insurance helps safeguard your professional image along with your business profits and assets from the potential for costly results.
Many professions may require Errors and Omissions insurance. These include but aren’t the only ones:
|Home Care Providers and Businesses||Yoga Instructors|
How much does Errors & Omissions insurance in Connecticut?
In Connecticut, the average cost for E&O insurance is approximately $752 per year. However, it depends on the business you operate. Similar to other insurances, the more risk element, the greater the amount of premium you’ll need to pay to cover that risk.
These are the factors that affect the price of your Errors and Omissions policy:
- Your company’s location, risk appetite and priorities
- Your business’s turnover as well as size
- How much coverage do you need?
- If applicable, please include your previous claims background
- The person being protected – their qualifications, suitability to the position, as well as any previous claims
How do I obtain Errors and Omissions insurance for my Connecticut business?
BizInsure makes it simple to compare E&O policies with top-rated U.S. insurers, and determine the most effective coverage for your company for a low cost.
Learn more about E&O insurance in the states where you work.
As with any insurance, coverage will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy wording. The information contained on this guide is general only and should not be relied upon as advice. The number of quotes provided varies between products, occupations and other underwriting factors determined by the insurers.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929