Insurance for Carpenters in Mississippi
Carpenters are a vital part of The Magnolia State’s industry of construction. They provide services at every stage of a construction project, from assembling the rough framework to crafting a building’s finishing touches. Carpenters’ insurance for Mississippi businesses could help protect your growing small business. (Carpenters insurance is a shorthand way of talking about the different types of insurance you might consider for your carpentry business.)
Compare multiple quotes from insurance companies for carpenters in Mississippi through BizInsure.
What types of insurance do Mississippi carpenters need?
If you are looking to safeguard your money and workers, it is a good idea to research various types of carpentry contractor’s insurance in Mississippi.
General Liability insurance
Work sites and construction can be hazardous. Small accidents could have a major negative impact on the carpentry industry.
Injuring or damaging the property of someone else even through accident could lead to expensive bills and compensation calls. General Liability is a good alternative for carpenters.
Your General Liability policy can protect you against any claim by an outside party regarding injury or damage to their property. In these instances, your policy will cover your legal expenses as well as your cost to replace or remedy the situation up to the limits of liability.
Workers’ Compensation insurance
Workers’ Compensation insurance protects your company and its employees. If any of your employees get injured at work or are ill, this type of insurance will cover their medical bills. It will also cover some of their lost income if they’re unable to work because of the injury, as well as rehabilitation or physical therapy to transition the employee back into the workplace.
Workers’ comp coverage is required for Mississippi companies that have at least five or more employees.
Who needs carpenters insurance in MS?
Many small business owners want to protect themselves from liability claims that could be devastating.
- Self-employed Carpenters – Being the owner of your own company is a thrilling experience however, you also carry an immense amount of responsibility. An insurance policy that covers General Liability can help manage your risks.
- Commercial Carpenters – If you employ carpenters as subcontractors or own your own company, your General Liability insurance can protect both your business and your employees from certain third-party claims.
- Contractors – You don’t need to be a carpenter in order to get insured. You can get General Liability policies for many contractor types, including handymen and electricians.
What is covered by carpenters insurance In Mississippi?
General Liability insurance for contractors, which includes carpenters, covers claims and lawsuits that result from:
- Injuries sustained by an uninvolved third person
- Damage to property a third person
The General Liability policy covers your business, regardless of whether the claim is valid or not. A false claim can ruin the carpentry business you run.
How much does insurance for carpenters cost in Mississippi?
A few of the variables that can influence the cost of insurance are:
- Business Size – Measured by revenue.
- Business location – A carpentry business in Gulfport-Biloxi may pay more than one in Jacksin.
- Employees – More people covered by a policy typically results in a higher cost for that coverage.
- Coverage level – you may have to pay more if you require a greater coverage.
- History of Claims – A carpenter that has filed numerous claims over the years will pay more in insurance than someone who hasn’t yet made a claim.
Most carpenters get multiple quotes before purchasing a policy. They can then compare the prices and coverages to determine which coverage works for them.
Save time and money with BizInsure
BizInsure was created to accommodate busy contractors in mind. Our goal is to take away the stress from buying insurance and allow you to focus on expanding your business. Our instant coverage options will help you protect your construction business.
Comparing quotes from multiple companies, selecting the coverage that suits your needs, and then getting it in approximately 10 minutes.
Frequently asked questions about carpenters insurance in MS
What is the legal requirement for carpenters insurance? in Mississppi?
General Liability and Workers’ Compensation insurance may be required to get and renew a contractor or carpentry license in Mississippi.* Visit the MS State Board of Contractors website to learn more about licensing and insurance requirements.
Does carpenters insurance cover damage to equipment and tools?
General Liability will cover any damage that occurs to the tools of a third party’s equipment or ladders when you’re working.
General Liability does not cover damages to your tools and equipment. Specific policies to protect your tools may be available.
What is the minimum insurance I must have as an Mississippi carpenter?
You may require more insurance when you are working on large, expensive projects. The chance of having an accident is greater. You may need to upgrade the amount of your General Liability insurance if you’re working on many projects.
Learn more about carpentry insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929