Insurance for your Rhode Island Carpentry Business
Carpenters are an essential part of The Ocean State’s construction industry. They provide services throughout the entire process of a construction project starting from the assembly of the rough framework to crafting the final touches to a building. Carpenters’ insurance could help protect your small business’s growth.
Learn more about carpenters’ insurance in Rhode Island, the different types of coverage you might consider as a carpentry contractor. BizInsure can assist you in comparing insurance quotes from a variety of A-rated companies.
What types of insurance do carpenters need in Rhode Island?
There are many types of insurance available for carpentry professionals in Rhode Island that can protect you and your employees.
General Liability insurance
Construction sites and work sites can be hazardous. Small accidents can have a big impact on your carpentry business.
Damage or injury to the property of someone else even through accident can result in costly bills and compensation calls. General Liability is a good option for carpenters.
Also referred to as Commercial General Liability (CGL) or “slip and fall coverage”, this insurance can protect your business against bodily injury or property damage lawsuits from outside parties. If this occurs, your policy will cover the legal expenses as well as the cost of repairing or replacing the issue
Workers’ Compensation insurance
Workers’ Compensation insurance protects you against medical expenses and lawsuits that can arise from employee workplace injuries and illnesses. It could also pay lost wages as a result of the work injuries that an employee sustains.
Workers’ comp insurance is required in Rhode Island for most businesses that have at least one employee.
Carpenters Insurance – Who needs it in Rhode Island?
Many small business owners are looking to protect their businesses from potential liability claims.
- Self-Employed Contractors – Owning and operating your own business carries the risk of a variety of obligations.
- Commercial Carpenters – Whether you work as an independent contractor for other companies or employ multiple carpenters in your own business A General Liability policy can safeguard your employees and business from third-party lawsuits.
- Contractors – Not only carpenters may want to be protected! A contractor who is skilled in any field like electrician or handyman, can also get General Liability coverage to protect their company.
What does carpenters insurance cover in Rhode Island?
General Liability for contractors, which includes protection for carpenters, shields against claims and lawsuits arising from:
- Injuries suffered by an unrelated third party
- Damage to the property of an uninvolved third person
General Liability insurance policies will protect you from unfounded claims which could ruin your carpentry business.
How much does carpenters insurance cost in Rhode Island?
The cost of carpenters insurance you have to have to pay in Rhode Island is likely to differ from the other carpenters or contractors in your locality.
The following factors influence the price of insurance for businesses:
- Business size – Usually determined by the size of your business by your annual revenues.
- Business Locality – Carpentry insurance premium is usually higher in Norwich – New London – Westerly than in Providence.
- Employee numbers – A policy covering more employees typically has a higher insurance premium.
- Coverage level – You can pay more for higher coverage levels.
- History of claims – Carpenters who have made multiple claims may be required to pay more than a carpenter who has not yet made one.
Prior to purchasing an insurance plan, carpenters will compare quotes from different insurance companies. By doing so, they can better understand the costs of insurance and select coverage for their company.
How BizInsure helps carpenters get essential coverage
You work many hours to make your carpentry business a success. At the time you’re done, there’s no time left to visit different websites looking for quotes from insurance companies. So let BizInsure do the work for you.
BizInsure was designed to accommodate busy contractors in mind. Our goal is to remove the stress from buying insurance and allow you to focus on expanding your business. Our instant coverage options will help you protect your construction business.
Comparing quotes from multiple companies, selecting the coverage that suits your needs, and then getting it takes approximately 10 minutes.
Frequently asked questions
Does carpenters insurance cover your tools and equipment damaged in accidents?
If you cause damage to someone else’s equipment or tools, the General Liability policy will take care of it. However, General Liability insurance will not cover damage to your tools or equipment. Policies specifically designed to protect your tools and equipment may be offered.
How much insurance do I need as a carpenter in Rhode Island?
The amount of insurance you require is contingent upon the size and cost of the project you take on. When you have an existing General Liability Policy, but you’re currently taking on bigger projects, it may be worthwhile to increase the amount of coverage you have.
Learn more about carpentry insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929