Insurance for your Massachusetts Carpentry Business
The Bay State is home to many skilled carpenters. These professionals are involved in every stage of a project, from the beginning of the framework to the final finishing touches. Carpenters’ insurance for Massachusetts businesses can protect your growing business.
Learn more about carpenters insurance in Massachusetts (shorthand for the types of policies a carpenter may consider) and how BizInsure helps you compare multiple quotes with A-rated insurance companies.
What are the common insurance types for carpenters in MA?
Discover different types of coverage for contractors and carpenters in Massachusetts to safeguard yourself, business and workers.
General Liability insurance
Construction sites can be hazardous and uncertain. Even minor accidents could cause major problems for your carpentry company.
Damage or injury to someone else’s property even by accident could lead to expensive costs and calls for compensation. General Liability is a good alternative for carpenters.
Also referred to as Commercial General Liability (CGL) or “slip and fall coverage”, this insurance can protect your business against bodily injury or property damage lawsuits from outside parties. In these situations the policy will pay the legal costs and also your costs to repair or replace the problem up to the limits of liability.
Workers’ Compensation insurance
Workers’ Compensation insurance protects you against medical expenses and lawsuits that can arise from employee workplace injuries and illnesses. It could also pay lost wages as a result of the work injuries that an employee sustains.
Who may need carpenters insurance in MA?
Many small-business owners are looking for ways to protect their businesses against liability claims.
- Self – employed Contractors – Owning and operating your own business carries the risk of a variety of responsibilities.
- Commercial Carpenters – Whether you work as an independent contractor for other businesses or employ a number of carpenters within your own business, a General Liability policy can safeguard your employees and business from third-party claims.
- Contractors – It is not just carpenters who think about business insurance. Any contractor regardless of whether plumber, electrician or handyman can get General Liability insurance for their business.
What does carpenter insurance cover in MA?
General Liability insurance for contractors, which includes carpenters, provides coverage for claims and lawsuits that result from:
- Injuries suffered by an unrelated third party
- Damage caused to the property of an uninvolved third person
Importantly the General Liability insurance for carpenters employed by commercial companies will cover you regardless of whether the claim is valid or not. Baseless or false claims are equally costly to defend against as those which are valid. General Liability insurance can help prevent an unfounded allegation from destroying your carpentry business.
How much does carpenter insurance cost in Massachusetts?
The amount of carpenter insurance you have to pay in Massachusetts is likely to be different than the other carpenters and contractors in your area.
A few of the variables that can influence your insurance costs are:
- Business size – Determine the size of your business by the annual revenue you earn.
- Business location – Carpentry insurance in Boston may have higher premium than in Worcester or Pittsfield.
- Number of employees – More employees covered by a policy typically means a higher premium for that insurance.
- Level of coverage – You may ore for higher level of coverage.
- Claim history – A carpenter who has an extensive history of claims may be able to be paid more than a person who has not made a claim.
Carpenters typically receive quotes from several insurance companies and then compare them prior to buying insurance. It helps them to understand the cost of their coverage, as well as find the policies that suit their needs.
How BizInsure helps you stay protected
Our insurance was designed with busy contractors and carpenters with carpenters in mind. By removing the burden of purchasing insurance, you are able to focus on your business. With instant coverage options you can protect your carpentry company.
In less than 10 minutes, you can compare multiple quotes and choose suitable coverage options that will meet your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does carpenters insurance cover damage to your equipment and tools?
General Liability coverage is available if, while on the job you cause damage to equipment belonging to an uninvolved third company.
General Liability policies do not cover your tools or equipment. There may be specific policies specifically designed to protect them.
In Massachusetts, how much insurance will I need as carpenter?
Your insurance requirements depend on the type of projects you work on. For example, a carpenter who works on more costly and larger projects may require greater General Liability insurance because the risks of things going wrong are greater. Similarly, when your company is executing more projects than when you first began, you may want to think about increasing the amount of insurance.
Learn more about carpentry insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929