Insurance for Colorado carpenters
Carpenters play an essential role in the construction industry of The Centennial State. They contribute to all stages of construction, from building the framework to adding finishing details. Carpenters insurance—the different types of coverage a carpenter might consider for their business—can help protect your small business.
Learn more about carpenters insurance in Colorado and how BizInsure could help you compare multiple quotes from A-rated insurers.
What insurance do carpenters need in Colorado?
If you want to protect your finances and workers, it is wise to research various kinds of insurance for carpenters in Colorado.
General Liability insurance
The construction industry is often risky and unpredictable. Even a small accident can result in grave consequences for your carpentry business.
Injuring another person or causing damage to their property even if you do it by accident, can leave you with expensive bills or calls to seek reimbursement. That’s why many carpenters look into General Liability insurance to protect their business.
Also referred to as Commercial General Liability (CGL) or “slip and fall coverage”, this insurance can protect your business against bodily injury or property damage lawsuits from outside parties. This policy will cover legal expenses as well as the cost for repairing or replacing the damaged item up to the limit of your liability
Workers’ Compensation insurance
Workers’ Compensation insurance protects your company and its employees. If any of your employees get injured at work or are ill, this type of insurance will cover their medical bills. It will also cover some of their lost income if they’re unable to work because of the injury, as well as rehabilitation or physical therapy to transition the employee back into the workplace.
Workers’ Compensation insurance is mandatory in Colorado for most businesses if they have one or more employees.
Who may consider carpenters insurance in Colorado?
Many small business owners want to protect themselves from liability claims that could be devastating. There’s no difference between tradesmen and they’re not different.
- Insurance for Self-employed Carpenters — Owning your own business is thrilling however, it also means that a lot of responsibility is upon the shoulders of you. A General Liability policy can help manage certain risks to your liability that you could face.
- Insurance for Commercial Carpenters — Whether your company is a subcontractor or there are multiple carpenters within it, a General Liability policy can help protect both your business and your employees against third-party claims.
- Insurance for Contractors — It’s not only carpenters that might consider getting covered! Contractors specializing in various trades—from electricians to handymen—may be able to get General Liability insurance for their business.
What does carpenters insurance cover in CO?
General Liability insurance protection for carpenters and contractors includes protection against lawsuits and claims arising from:
- Injury caused by a third party
- Damage caused to a property belonging to a third party
The General Liability policy protects your business, regardless of whether the claim is legitimate or not. A false allegation could destroy your carpentry company.
How much does carpenter insurance cost in Colorado?
Every carpenter’s work is unique. Insurance premiums are calculated based on information about your company. Your carpenters insurance costs in Colorado may differ from the rates of other contractors, carpenters and builders in your area.
There are a variety of variables that affect the price of insurance.
- Business size – The size of your business is usually determined by the amount of revenue you earn.
- Business Location – A Carpenter in Denver-Aurora could pay higher premium than in Fort Collins.
- Numbers of employees – A policy that covers more people will usually have an insurance cost that is higher.
- The level of coverage – You could be charged more if your coverage is greater.
- History of Claims – A carpenter that has made many claims in the past will be more likely to pay for insurance than a person who hasn’t yet done so.
Carpenters frequently look at insurance quotes to find the competitively priced protection for their business.
How BizInsure helps Colorado carpenters protect their business
The insurance company was built for working professionals who are busy. It takes the hassle out of purchasing insurance, so you can concentrate on growing your business. You can also protect your carpentry firm by securing it immediately.
Comparing quotes from multiple companies, selecting the best coverage for your needs, and then getting it takes about 10 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does carpenters insurance provide coverage for tools?
General Liability will cover any damage that occurs to the tools of a third party’s equipment or ladders when you’re working.
However, General Liability Insurance will not cover damage caused to your own tools or equipment. You may be able to find specific policies designed to protect yourself as well as your equipment.
How much carpenters insurance coverage do I need in Colorado?
You may require more insurance if you work on large, expensive projects. The risk of an accident is higher. You may want to increase the amount of your General Liability coverage if you are working on many projects.
Learn more about carpentry insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929