Business Insurance for Louisiana Carpenters
Carpenters are an essential part of The Pelican State’s industry of construction. They provide services throughout the entire process of a construction project, from assembling the rough framework to crafting a building’s finishing touches. Carpenters’ insurance for Louisiana companies can help safeguard your small business’s growth.
Learn about carpenters insurance in Louisiana (a shorthand name for the different types of insurance a carpenter may consider) and how BizInsure can help you compare multiple quotes from A-rated insurers.
What types of carpentry insurance do I need in Louisiana?
There are a variety of insurance for carpentry professionals in Louisiana that can protect you and your employees.
General Liability insurance
The construction industry is unpredictable and dangerous. Even a small accident can result in grave implications for your carpentry enterprise.
You may be faced with costly costs if you cause injury to someone or damage property by accident. For this reason, many carpenters choose General Liability insurance for their business.
Also referred to as Commercial General Liability (CGL) or “slip and fall coverage”, this insurance can protect your business against bodily injury or property damage lawsuits from outside parties. If this happens, your policy covers the legal expenses and the expense of replacing or rectifying the situation.
Workers’ Compensation insurance
Workers’ Compensation insurance protects you against medical expenses and lawsuits that can arise from employee workplace injuries and illnesses. It could also pay lost wages as a result of the work injuries that an employee sustains.
Workers’ comp coverage is required for Louisiana employers that have full-time or part-time workers.
Who needs carpenters insurance in Louisiana?
Many small business owners are looking for ways to protect their businesses against potentially devastating claims.
- Carpenters who are self-employed – Owning a business is thrilling, but it also comes with more responsibility. A General Liability policy can help you manage the risks of liability.
- Commercial Carpenters – Whether your business is a subcontractor, or there are multiple carpenters within it, a General Liability insurance policy will help safeguard your company and employees from claims by third parties.
- Contractors – It’s not only carpenters that might want to think about insurance! Many contractors, from a handyman or electrician to plumbers and painters might be considering General Liability for their business.
What is covered by carpentry insurance in LA?
General Liability insurance protection for carpenters and contractors includes protection against claims and lawsuits stemming from:
- Injury caused by an outside party
- Damages to third parties’ property
General Liability insurance for carpenters will cover you regardless of the merits of a claim. False claims are as expensive to defend as legitimate ones. Insurance can aid in protecting your carpentry from being ruined due to an unsubstantiated claim.
Louisiana carpentry insurance cost
Every company and each carpenter are distinct. In order to determine the cost of insurance you will be asked to provide details regarding your company. Therefore, your carpenters’ policy in Louisiana may be different than that of other contractors or carpenters.
The factors that can determine the cost of your insurance for business include:
- Business size – The size of your business is usually measured by the annual revenues.
- Business location – A carpenter working in Baton may pay more than one in Shreveport and New Orleans.
- Number of employees – A higher premium is usually associated with a more people covered under a policy.
- The amount of coverage – You may be charged more for the coverage is greater.
- Claim history – Carpenters that have filed multiple claims prior to could be required to pay more than a carpenter without claiming.
Carpenters typically get quotes from multiple insurance companies and then compare them prior to buying insurance. It helps them to understand the cost of their coverage and also to find the coverage that best meets their requirements.
Compare business insurance quotes from trusted carriers with BizInsure
Our insurance was designed for busy carpenters and contractors in mind. By removing the stress of purchasing insurance, you are able to focus on your business. With instant protection options, you can safeguard your carpentry business.
In less than 10 minutes, you can look over a variety of quotes and select coverage options that best suit your requirements.
Frequently asked questions about Louisiana carpentry insurance
Does carpenters insurance provide coverage to your tools or equipment?
General Liability insurance does not cover damages to your tools or equipment. You may be able to find specific policies designed to protect your business and personal property while you are working.
What level of carpentry insurance is needed in Louisiana?
The amount you have to cover is contingent on a number of variables. For instance, the size of projects you typically take on. A carpenter working on a larger project may require broader General Liability insurance to protect the business.
Learn more about carpentry insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929