Insurance for Carpenters in Pennsylvania
- Compare quotes in minutes, with no obligation to buy
- Buy online and receive coverage confirmation – instantly
- Access only top-quality insurance companies (A-rated or better)
Insurance for your Pennsylvania Carpenter Business
Carpenters play a vital role in the construction industry in The Keystone State. Their assistance is needed at every stage of construction, starting from constructing the frame to putting on the final touches. Carpenters insurance can help safeguard your small-scale business.
Learn about carpenters’ insurance in Pennsylvania (the various forms of insurance you may consider for your carpentry business) and find out how BizInsure can help you compare quotes from multiple A-rated insurers.
What are the common insurance policies for carpenters in PA?
You may consider various types of carpentry contractor insurance in Pennsylvania to help safeguard your employees and finances.
General Liability insurance
Even minor accidents can create major issues for a carpentry firm.
You may be faced with costly costs if you cause injury to anyone or cause damage to property through an accident. For this reason, many carpenters opt for General Liability coverage for their businesses.
Your General Liability insurance policy can protect you against any claim by an outside party regarding injury or damage to their property. In these instances, your policy will cover your legal expenses as well as your cost to replace or remedy the situation up to the limits of liability.
Workers’ Compensation insurance
Workers’ Compensation insurance protects your company and its employees. If any of your employees get injured at work or are ill, this type of insurance will cover their medical bills. It will also cover some of their lost income if they’re unable to work because of the injury, as well as rehabilitation or physical therapy to transition the employee back into the workplace.
In Pennsylvania most businesses need to obtain Workers’ Compensation insurance for their employees.
Who needs carpenters insurance in Pennsylvania?
If you employ carpenters as subcontractors or own your business, your General Liability insurance can protect both your business and your employees from third-party claims.
- Self Employed Carpenters – Owning a business is exciting, but also comes with more responsibility. A General Liability policy can help you reduce the risk of liability.
- Commercial carpenters _ Whether you are working as a contractor for an other company, or employing several carpenters in your own company You can take advantage of a General Liability policy.
- Contractors – You don’t have to be a carpenter to get insured. You can get General Liability policies for many types of contractors, including handymen and electricians.
What does carpenter insurance cover in PA?
General insurance protection for carpenters and contractors protects against lawsuits and claims arising from:
- Injuries caused by an outside party
- Damage to property of a third-party
The General Liability policy covers your business, regardless of whether the claim is valid or not. A false allegation can destroy your carpentry company.
How much does carpentry insurance cost in Pennsylvania?
The amount of contractors’ and carpenters insurance you have to pay in Pennsylvania is likely to differ from the other carpenters or contractors you meet in your area.
These elements could affect your business insurance premiums:
- Business Size – Usually measured by the amount of revenue.
- Business Location – A carpenter in Philadelphia may pay higher than in Pittsburg or Allentown.
- Employee numbers – A policy covering more people typically has a higher insurance premium.
- Level of coverage – Your premium could be higher for more coverage.
- History claims – Carpenters with multiple past claims may be required to pay more than carpenters who haven’t yet made one.
The majority of carpenters receive several quotes prior to purchasing insurance. They can then evaluate the costs and coverages to find the most suitable coverage.
Save time and money with BizInsure
This insurance company is built for working professionals who are busy. It takes the stress out of buying insurance so that you can focus on expanding your business. You can also safeguard your business in the field of carpentry by securing it immediately.
In just 10 minutes, you can look over a variety of quotes and select coverage options that will meet your requirements.
Frequently asked questions about carpenters insurance in PA
Does carpenters insurance cover damage to your tools and equipment?
General Liability can cover damage caused to the tools of a third party’s equipment, or ladders when you’re working.
However, General Liability insurance will not cover damage to your own tools or equipment. Policies specifically created to safeguard your tools and equipment may be offered.
How much carpentry insurance do I need in Pennsylvania?
The amount that you need to insure depends on several variables. For example the amount of work you typically undertake. A carpenter working on a larger project may require broader General Liability insurance to protect the company.
Learn more about carpentry insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929