Professional Liability Insurance
- Compare prices in minutes, with no obligation to purchase
- Purchase online to instantly receive your coverage confirmation
- Access only top-quality insurance companies (A-rated or better)
Wisconsin has more than 462,292 small companies, as per the most recent statistics released by the U.S. Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy 2022. Wisconsin’s economy is fueled by small businesses that comprise 99.4 percent of businesses. They also added 195,097 new jobs.
The top five industries in Wisconsin’s state for small businesses include:
- Accommodation and Food Services
- Health Care and Social Assistance
- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
You’ll probably want to guard your business from the most common risks, regardless of what industry you’re in. One way to accomplish this is by purchasing Professional Liability insurance. This policy will protect your business from lawsuits that could end up being devastating to your company.
What is Professional Liability insurance?
Professional Liability insurance in Wisconsin is a great option for small businesses that provide professional services to their clients or offer advice.
Professional Liability insurance can protect professional service providers from potentially devastating financial damages resulting from alleged negligence or error in the delivery of your services. The most common claim is that your products, services or employees employed by your business cause financial harm to your customers.
Imagine, for instance, that you provided a professional service to your customer that wasn’t suitable for them. After making use of your service, the customer suffered personal and financial damages. They make a claim against you. A Professional Liability policy can help you cover the costs of defending your company.
What does Professional Liability insurance cover?
Professional Liability insurance in Wisconsin will protect you from:
- An error or a mistake
- Deadlines are not met
- Services not delivered
- Breach of contract
Your Professional Liability policy will cover costs incurred in defending your business if a claim is made against you. The policy covers lawyers’ fees, underwriting and documentation charges, as well as administrative costs, settlements and judgements.
In The Badger State, Professional Liability insurance protects you from any real or alleged loss which may arise from your work. The cost of a lawsuit can be high regardless of whether they are merit or not. A Professional Liability insurance policy helps protect your business by covering legal expenses. Without it the business would be liable for these expenses which could lead to bankruptcy or closure. If the worst happens you may have to draw on your savings to cover your legal costs.
What is not covered?
Professional Liability insurance is a crucial security for small-sized businesses. It doesn’t take care of every risk that your company may face. Different types of insurance coverage might be necessary to fully protect your business.
These and other types coverage are available to small business owners in Wisconsin.
- General Liability also known as Commercial General Liability (CGL) or “slip and fall coverage” The insurance is able to help protect your business from bodily injury and property damage lawsuits by third parties.
- Business Owner’s Policies The Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) is a mix of policies, which combine coverages like General Liability insurance and business personal property insurance, to help protect small firms from costly interruptions of services.
- Workers’ Compensation – Workers’ Compensation insurance (also referred to as Workers’ Comp or Workman’s Comp) covers you from medical expenses and lawsuits that may result from accidents and illnesses at work. The insurance may pay for the loss of wages in case employees are injured while at work.
Who may need Professional Liability insurance?
A variety of professional and businesses may benefit from the benefits of having Professional Liability insurance in Wisconsin. It is a good idea to include companies that engage in providing guidance based on specific expertise or knowledge providing informed advice and implementing solutions, or expressing the needs of others on behalf.
Professional Liability insurance protects your company’s assets, profits, and reputation from potentially massive costs of litigation (whether they are justifiable or not).
The following professions might need Professional Liability insurance:
|Home Care Providers and Businesses||Yoga Instructors|
It is evident that the types of professions that typically buy Professional Liability insurance can be diverse. If you’re not sure whether this type of insurance is right for you and your company it is helpful to think about the nature of your job.
If your company is involved in any of the following types of activities it is crucial to think about Professional Liability insurance.
- Give advice or recommendations regularly to clients.
- Create solutions or products that are unique to customers and clients
- Represent the interests of a customer on behalf of the client
- Other professional services available to clients and customers
- Employ people who commit any of the above.
Professional Liability insurance requirements for Wisconsin business
Professional associations sometimes require their members to be covered by Professional Liability insurance. It may be necessary to maintain minimum coverage levels to renew a license or to work in the industry. The website of your professional association should have information about their insurance requirements and requirements, if they exist.
Furthermore, clients might require you to have Professional Liability insurance in order to collaborate with them. You might find this clause in contracts for business and be required to show proof of insurance prior to start working with a client.
It is recommended to invest in Professional Liability insurance even if it is not mandatory. Customers expect that firms or consultants they choose to work with have insurance. Your insurance policy is a sign of professionalism to your clients and shows that you are prepared to protect your name if required.
What is the cost of Professional Liability insurance in Wisconsin?
The cost of Professional Liability insurance could differ. This is due to the fact that premiums (how much you’ll pay for the insurance) are influenced by various factors that together create the unique character of your business. In Wisconsin, the average cost for Professional Liability policy is approximately $680 per year.
The price of Professional Liability insurance is heavily affected by the types of occupation it provides cover for. Generally speaking, the more risky an profession, the higher the cost.
The following factors are also crucial in determining the amount of Professional Liability insurance will cost:
- The volume and size of your company – more contracts usually mean more risk.
- You’ll have to pay more for higher insurance.
- The individuals being covered – Are they certified for the work they’re doing and do they have an earlier history of claims?
- Your personal claim history. If you’ve had similar claims before, the cost of your insurance may be more expensive.
Is Professional Liability the same as E&O insurance?
Both Professional Liability Insurance and Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance provide the same coverage. It will protect your business against claims based on negligence or fraud and also negligence. The policy will pay for the cost of defending the case and also any settlements or damages.
How to get Professional Liability insurance for your Wisconsin your business?
It’s easy to compare Professional Liability policies and choose the most dependable insurance company in the U.S. BizInsure will help you obtain A-rated coverage at a price that fits your budget.
Learn more about Professional Liability insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929