Idaho Home Health Care Insurance
- Compare prices in minutes
- Purchase online and receive your confirmation of coverage
- Access to high quality businesses that have A-rated ratings or higher
Insurance for Home Health Aides and Agencies in Idaho
Home health aides provide an excellent standard of care for their patients. You are aware of the importance of people living in their own home, whether you are working alone or with a team. But while your are busy giving support to others, who is your supporter?
BizInsure makes safeguarding home health aides in Idaho easy. Insurance options are available for home-health aide agencies across every state, so no matter where you live or where you live, it doesn’t matter if it’s Boise or Idaho Falls.
What are the reasons you would consider becoming an Idaho home health aide?
Home health aides are in demand in just about every state, including Idaho. This is a great opportunity to start a career as a healthcare professional and have a positive effect on the patients of Idaho.
Why may home-based Idaho’s health care providers require insurance?
Home health aides are able to work with those who are disabled, elderly or chronically sick. These patients can live comfortably and in the safety of their own homes thanks to the assistance you offer. Unfortunately like other professions, this comes with an element of risk which could lead to costly lawsuits or liability claims.
Accidents happen and, if you’re liable you may need to compensate a patient or family member. The process of settling lawsuits and claims can be expensive. This could quickly place you in a position of financial insecurity and even end your career. Idaho home care insurance helps caregivers as well as home health aides to safeguard their financial security.
Did you Know?
General Liability insurance* provides cover against unsubstantiated and real claims by third party.
Home Healthcare Business Insurance in Idaho
Many kinds of insurance for businesses are available to help home health aides or other health professionals while they perform their duties.
General Liability Insurance
General Liability Insurance safeguards businesses in the event of third-party injuries or property damage claims. Your policy covers legal fees and expenses to rectify the issue up to the limit of your policy. These protections can be applied to valid claims as well as invalid ones. General Liability insurance can be referred to as Commercial General Liability (CGL), “slip and falls” coverage.
What is usually covered?
General Liability insurance protects against lawsuits and claims that are a result of:
- Injuries to a third-party
- Damage to a third party’s property
A claim doesn’t have to be true for the General Liability policy to protect you. It also protects third parties who file claims without merit. It is costly to resolve baseless claims. A General Liability policy provides aides to home health and other agencies with more peace of mind as they care for their patients knowing their financial security is protected.
What is not normally covered?
These kinds of events are not covered under your General Liability policy
- Personal workplace injuries, workers’ compensation claims
- Property damage
- Intentional destruction of property belonging to third parties
- Your work may be contaminated by errors or omissions.
Other events may not be covered by your General Liability insurance. You can find the details of your coverage in your policy documents.
Professional Liability Insurance
Professional Liability insurance* protects you from omissions or errors that result in the loss of funds to your customer. It also protects you from third-party claims arising from professional negligence. A policy will provide protection against both genuine and unjustified claims. Professional Liability insurance may also be sold as E&O (E&O) insurance*.
What are the most common topics covered?
Professional Liability insurance covers legal costs that could result from:
- Professional services and advice may include mistakes, errors or omissions
- Negligence allegations
- Service not delivered or missed deadlines
- Contracts breaches
These kinds of claims are typically brought by clients who assert that your work has resulted in an economic loss. Insurance policies for Professional Liability provide coverage even if a claim brought against you is baseless
What isn’t typically covered?
The following situations are not covered from the Professional Liability insurance:
- Injuries to a third-party
- Property belonging to a third-party could be damaged
- Personal workplace injuries or workers’ compensation claims
Refer to your policy text for complete details about what Professional Liability insurance covers.
Miscellaneous Medical Liability Package for Home Health Care Providers
Home health aides and home care agencies often require more than one kind of insurance to address different risks to their business. BizInsure’s Miscellaneous Insurance Liability Package* includes a variety of insurances home care companies might be interested in. The package offers Professional Liability and General Liability insurance. Cyber Liability* helps protect against data breaches, malicious software attacks, and other threats for your company.
Who may require insurance for home health care?
Idaho has many healthcare professionals that might require insurance for home care.
- Home Health Aides Subcontractors, independent contractors and sole proprietors might require insurance to protect them and their patients.
- Home Health Care Agents Secure your business and employees by insuring your home healthcare provider.
- Other Healthcare Professionals – Nurses, physical therapists and carers are some healthcare professionals that may also benefit from having insurance for business.
Agency and home health aides located in Idaho can find General Liability and other insurance policies through BizInsure. Start a quote to compare policies in minutes!
What is the price of Idaho’s home healthcare insurance?
The cost of home healthcare insurance in Idaho will vary from one person to another. Because every health care provider is unique the insurance premiums you pay will vary.
Some of the factors that are used to calculate insurance premiums may include the following:
- Are you a professional with the right education and qualifications to do your job? Do you have the right license to work as an Idaho healthcare provider?
- The city, town or county in which you work- Care providers located in cities, like Boise or Idaho Falls may be likely to pay more than ones based in areas that are less populated.
- History of past claims This could result in higher insurance premiums in the future.
- The coverage amount a higher level of coverage usually means higher premiums. Clients might require you to provide minimum coverage.
Are you interested in knowing how much business insurance will cost for you? Comparing quotes from multiple insurance companies can help you find a home healthcare insurance policy that is suitable for your company as well as your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the dangers for Idaho's home-care providers?
Idaho home healthcare providers offer top-quality healthcare for patients. But, working closely with other people in their own homes could pose unique risks. Luckily, insurance can help you deal with the majority of typical risks you could face.
- General Liability insurance A patient slips and falls, which requires a trip to an emergency room. You accidentally smash and break a costly vase in the patient’s home. These are just two claim examples that you might come across as a home health aide which General Liability insurance can assist with.
- The quality of your expertise and knowledge are crucial to the patients as well as their families. If you make a mistake in your care or you don’t meet their standards and expectations, you could be liable for an action for negligence or another Professional Liability claims.
- Cyber Liability insurance Home healthcare providers can store sensitive patient data. If you suffer a data breach or other criminal attack, Cyber Liability insurance can help you repair the harm to your business.
BizInsure helps organizations as well as home health professionals to find business insurance that meets their unique requirements.
Learn more about home health care insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929