Louisiana home health aide insurance
- Compare quotes in minutes.
- Buy online and get coverage confirmation instantly.
- Only top-quality insurance companies with A-ratings ratings or higher are on the platform.
Insurance coverage for Home Health Aides and Agencies in Louisiana
Home health aides offer the highest quality of care for their patients. If you are working on your own or in a home healthcare agency, you know how crucial it is for patients to reside comfortably at home. But while you can offer support for those around you, who is your support?
BizInsure makes it easy for Home Health Aides in Louisiana to find insurance. Insurance options are available for home-health aid agencies across every state, so whether you’re in Alexandria or Shreveport-Bossier City or Lafayette or Lake Charles, you can find insurance options.
What are the reasons to become a Home Health Aide in Louisiana?
Home Health Aides are in demand in just about every state, including Louisiana. If you’re interested in a career in healthcare, this could be a great way to enter the field and have a positive impact on patients across the Pelican State.
There are just about 35,520 home health aides and personal care aides in Louisiana, according to 2021 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This number is likely to increase in the coming years. Between 2021 and 2031, the number of home health aides across the entire country is expected to grow by 25%. This is much faster than the average expected growth rate for all occupations, which is just 8%.
Home health aides and personal care aides in Louisiana earn an average annual salary of $20,500 or an average hourly wage of $9.86. Louisiana home health aides may earn more in major cities than in smaller metro areas and rural parts of the state. For example, the average annual salaries for home health and personal care aides in Alexandria and Shreveport-Bossier City are $23,420 and $20,180, respectively.
Why do the Home Health professionals in Louisiana require insurance?
Home Health Aids provide support to those who are elderly, chronically sick, or with disabilities.
These patients can live in the safety and comfort of their home due to the services you offer.
However, accidents happen, and if you are liable, you could be exposed to expensive liability claims or lawsuits.
They can cause financial issues and could even mean the end of your professional career. Louisiana home care insurance helps caregivers and Home Health Aides protect their finances in these situations so they can keep on providing this critical care.
Did you Know?
General Liability insurance is designed to provide coverage against both real and meritless third-party claims.
Louisiana Home Healthcare business insurance
Home Health Care professionals and other healthcare professionals often require different kinds of insurance to protect themselves as they work.
General Liability Insurance
Also referred to as Commercial General Liability (CGL) or “slip and fall coverage”, General Liability insurance can protect your business against bodily injury or property damage lawsuits from outside parties.
What is typically covered?
General Liability insurance covers the cost of lawsuits and claims that result from:
- Third-party bodily injury
- Third-party property damage
Sometimes, claims can arise against your business even if you haven’t done anything wrong. The baseless claims can still be expensive to settle and often involve costly fees. Fortunately, General Liability policies are designed to cover claims of bodily injury, related medical costs, and accidental damage to another person’s property, whether or not the claim has merit.
What is not typically covered?
Your General Liability policy will not cover events like:
- Personal workplace accidents, workers’ compensation claims
- Damage to your property
- Intentional destruction of property belonging to a third party
- Errors or mistakes in your work
There could be additional events not covered by the General Liability insurance, which aren’t included in this list. Complete details about coverage will be provided in your policy documents.
Professional Liability Insurance
Professional Liability insurance otherwise known as E&O insurance, protects your business against claims of negligence, misrepresentation or mistake, as well as document or paperwork errors.
It protects you from claims of professional negligence by third parties.
What is most commonly covered?
Professional Liability insurance pays for legal expenses that may result from:
- Errors, mistakes or omissions in your professional service or advice
- Negligence claims
- Undelivered services or missed deadlines
- Contract breaches
These kinds of claims are usually brought by customers who claim that your actions resulted in financial losses for them. Professional Liability insurance covers you even if a claim is unfounded.
What is not included?
The types of events that are not covered by Professional Liability insurance include:
- Bodily injury to third parties
- The property of a third party that is damaged
- Workers’ comp or personal workplace injury
Please refer to the policy wording for more details regarding Professional Liability coverage.
Miscellaneous Medical Liability Package for Home Health Care professionals
Home health Aides and home care organizations typically need more than one type of insurance to cover various risks that could affect their business.
BizInsure provides an assortment of medical liability insurance that combines the most common insurances home health care businesses often consider.
This covers General Liability and Professional Liability insurance, plus Cyber Liability to safeguard you from malicious software attacks and data breaches, among other events that could harm your business.
Who should be covered by insurance for home care?
Louisiana is home to numerous healthcare professionals who may require home care insurance.
- Home Health Aides – Subcontractors, individual contractors and sole proprietors may need insurance to protect themselves and their clients.
- Home Healthcare Agencies – Protect your employees and business by insuring your home healthcare provider.
- Other Healthcare Practitioners – Nurses, physical therapists, carers, as well as other health professionals, may also be able to benefit from having business insurance.
BizInsure provides insurance coverage that covers Louisiana’s Home Health Aides and Agencies. Start a quote to compare policies in minutes!
How much does home healthcare insurance cost in Louisiana?
The cost of home care insurance in Louisiana can differ from one person to another. This is because each Home Health Aide business is unique, and its situation will impact the insurance cost.
Some of these factors may be used in calculating the cost of business insurance.
- Your education and experience – Are you adequately educated to perform your job? Are you licensed to work as an Louisiana health care provider?
- Wherever you live – Care providers in cities, such as New Orleans or Baton Rouge, will likely pay more than ones based in less populated areas.
- Your claims history – An account of your previous claims may result in paying more premiums for insurance in the future.
- The coverage amount you need – More coverage typically means higher premiums. Some clients may require a minimum amount of coverage.
Want to understand how much business insurance will cost you? Comparing quotes from multiple insurance companies can help you find the right home healthcare business insurance plan for your business.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the risks home health care providers are exposed to in Louisiana?
Home Health Care Providers offer high-quality care to patients. But, working closely with others at home could pose particular dangers. Insurance is a great way to manage the most common risks that you might encounter.
- General Liability insurance – A patient falls and slips, which calls for a trip to an emergency room. While visiting a patient’s home, you accidentally drop and break a costly vase. These are two examples of claims that General Liability Insurance can assist with as a home health aid.
- Professional Liability insurance – An essential aspect of the lives of patients and their families. You may be subject to a professional liability lawsuit in the event that your treatment isn’t adequate or if you commit an error.
- Cyber Liability insurance – Home healthcare providers can store sensitive patient data. If you experience an incident of data loss or criminal attack Cyber Liability insurance can help you repair the damage done to your business.
BizInsure can assist home health aides and agencies in locating insurance for businesses to cover the unique risks you encounter daily.
What are the home healthcare aide license requirements in Louisiana? How do I get a home healthcare license in Louisiana?
There are no licensing standards in Louisiana for home health aides. However, you must meet additional conditions to work in the state.
You must be certified if you work for a Medicare/Medicaid-certified Louisiana home healthcare agency.
- Pass competency evaluation
- Complete 75 hours of training
- Complete 16 hours of support for clinical training
You will likely receive ongoing education from the agency while you work there.
To become a Medicaid-certified independent healthcare aid, you must:
- Register at the Louisiana Department of Jobs and Family Services
- Do a background investigation at the state level
- Get a background investigation from the FBI (if you’ve lived in the state less than 5 years).
When you’ve completed the work required to become an aide, you’ll probably want to protect your career and the company you’re creating. Louisiana’s business insurance for home health will cover you against various risks you may face in your job. This insurance will increase your confidence and allow you to work.
Learn more about home health care insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929