Home Health Care Insurance
- Compare prices in minutes. There’s no obligation to buy
- Buy online and get coverage confirmation – instantly
- Only high-quality A-rated insurance firms are offered
Mississippi insurance for Home Health Aides and Agencies
Home Health Aides provide the highest quality of care to their patients. No matter if you work alone or in a group, you know how important it is for patients to live in their own home. It is crucial to provide support for other people, but where is the support for you when times get tough?
BizInsure makes it easy for Home Health Care professionals in Mississippi to get insurance. Insurance for Home Health Agencies can be found regardless of where you are located in Mississippi, from Cincinnati to Cleveland from Toledo up to Columbus.
Why not consider becoming an Mississippi Home Health Aide?
Home Health Aides are in demand in just about every state and even in Mississippi. This could be a great way for you to begin your career in healthcare and make a positive influence on patients throughout the Buckeye State.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics data for 2021, Mississippi has just below 2260 home health aides and personal care aides. This number is expected to rise over the next few years. Between 2021 and 2030, the number of home health aides will rise by 25%. This is more than the average growth rate of all occupations, which is 8%.
The average annual salary in Mississippi for personal or home care aides and home health aides is $20,980. They make an average of $10.09 an hour. Mississippi home health aides may earn more in large cities than in rural areas or in smaller metropolitan areas.
Why is insurance essential for Mississippi home care providers?
Home Health Aides and other healthcare workers provide support for those who are elderly, chronically sick as well as those who have disabilities. These patients can remain in peace and security in their own homes because of the services that you provide.
But since you are in their homes, this could cause you to be liable for costly claims or lawsuits.
Accidents can occur. If you’re found responsible, you may be required to pay the victim or their family as part of an expensive claim or lawsuit.
This can rapidly drain your bank account and even end your career. Insurance for home care professionals helps Home Health Aides in Mississippi safeguard their financial security.
Did you Know?
General Liability insurance* provides cover protection against unfounded claims as well as real ones.
Mississippi Home Healthcare Business Insurance
Health aides at home and other health professionals might consider a variety of business insurance options to protect them as they work.
General Liability Insurance
General Liability insurance protects businesses against claims made by third parties resulting from injury and property damage. Your policy covers legal expenses and the cost to remedy the situation up to the policy limits. These protections apply to claims that do have merit and those that don’t. General Liability insurance is also known as Commercial General Liability (CGL) or “slip and fall” coverage.
What are the most common coverages?
General Liability Insurance provides coverage for claims and lawsuits that result from:
- Injuries to a third-party
- Property damage on property that is owned by third parties
There is no requirement to prove the claim under the General Liability policy. It also protects third-party claims that have no merit. The cost of unsubstantiated claims is often high to resolve. General Liability policies provide home health agencies and aids with more peace of mind when they care for their patients.
What isn’t generally covered?
Your General Liability insurance policy won’t cover events such as:
- Personal workplace injuries and workers’ comp claims
- Damage to your own property
- Intentional damage to a third party’s property
- Errors or mistakes in your work
Other events may not be covered by your General Liability Insurance. The complete details regarding the coverage will be included in your policy documents.
Professional Liability Insurance
Professional Liability insurance protects you from any mistakes or omissions in your work which can result in your client losing money. It also shields you from third-party claims of professional negligence. The policy provides protection against both genuine and unjustified claims. The policy is sometimes referred to as E&O insurance.
What is typically covered?
Professional Liability insurance pays for legal costs that could result from:
- Errors, mistakes or omissions in your professional services or advice
- Allegations of negligence
- Undelivered services or missed deadlines
- Breaches of contract
These kinds of claims usually come from clients who assert that your actions caused them financial loss. Insurance policies for Professional Liability offer coverage even if there is no basis for the claim.
What isn’t usually covered?
There are some events that are not covered by Professional Liability insurance.
- Third-party bodily injury
- Damage to a third party’s property
- Personal workplace injuries or workers’ comp claims
Refer to the policy’s formulation for more details about what is and isn’t covered under the Professional Liability insurance.
Miscellaneous Medical Liability Package For Home Health Care Providers
Home Health Aides and other health care businesses typically need more than one insurance policy to protect their business from different risks.
BizInsure’s Miscellaneous Insurance Liability Package combines many coverages that home-care companies might be interested in. The package offers Professional Liability insurance and General Liability insurance.
Cyber Liability insurance, which helps protect against security breaches, malware attacks and other potential risks for your business, is also included within this package.
Who is required to have home health insurance?
Mississippi has numerous healthcare professionals who may require insurance for home care.
- Health Aids Independent contractors, subcontractors or sole proprietors may have to cover their employees and patients.
- Home Health Services – Protect your small company and your employees by purchasing insurance for home aide agencies.
- Other Healthcare Practitioners Physical therapists, carers, as well as other health professionals might also be able to benefit from having business insurance.
BizInsure can help Mississippi agencies and Home Health Aides find General Liability insurance as well as other coverage. Start a quote to compare policies in minutes!
What is Mississippi’s Home Health Insurance cost?
Home care insurance costs in Mississippi may vary depending on your circumstances.
Some factors that are used to calculate premiums for business insurance are:
- Qualifications – Are you able to work as an Mississippi health care provider?
- Locations – home care providers in cities, such as Dayton or Columbus, will likely pay more than ones based in areas that are less populated.
- Your claims history – An accumulation of past claims could lead to more expensive rates in the near future.
- The coverage you need – More expensive premiums are typically connected with greater coverage. Clients might require minimum coverage.
Want to better understand how much business insurance is going to cost you? Comparing quotes from more than one insurance provider can help you locate a home health insurance policy that suits your needs and budget.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the potential risks for Mississippi's home health care providers?
Ohio home healthcare providers are highly skilled and provide excellent patient care. However, it is risky to work so closely with patients at home. Fortunately, insurance can help you manage many of the most common risks you may face.
- General liability insurance A patient falls and slips, which requires the use of an emergency room. Inadvertently, you knock over and break a vase inside the home of the patient. These are two common claims that you could encounter while working as a medical assistant at home. General Liability insurance can assist.
- Professional liability insurance – Patients and their families depend on your expertise and skills. A negligence lawsuit may be brought against you or other professional liability claims could be filed if you commit mistakes or do not satisfy their expectations.
- Cyber Liability insurance – Home healthcare providers can store sensitive patient data. If you suffer an incident of data loss or criminal attack Cyber Liability insurance can assist you in repairing the damage done you business.
BizInsure can assist agencies, and home health aids find business insurance to address the risks that you encounter every day.
What are the home healthcare aide license requirements in Ohio? How do I get a home healthcare license in Ohio?
There are no licensing requirements in Ohio for home healthcare aides. However, there are other requirements you need to meet to work in the state.
If you are working for a home healthcare agency in Ohio that is Medicare/Medicaid certified, you will need to:
- Pass competency evaluation
- Complete 75 hours of training
- Complete 16 supporting hours of clinical training
You will likely receive ongoing training from the agency while you are employed there.
To work as a Medicaid-certified independent health aide in Ohio, you will need to:
- Enroll with the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services
- Obtain a state-level background check
- Obtain an FBI background check (if you have lived in the state for less than 5 years)
After you’ve put in the hard work of becoming a home health aide, you’ll likely want to protect your career and the business you are building. Home healthcare business insurance in Ohio shields you against many of the common risks you could face on the job. It can help you work with more peace of mind, knowing that your finances are protected against costly claims and lawsuits.
Learn more about home health care insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929