Alaska Home Health Care Insurance
- Compare prices in a matter of minutes. There’s no commitment to buy
- Buy online and immediately receive your confirmation of coverage
- Only A-rated or higher insurers
Alaska Insurance Agency, Home Health Aide
Home health aides offer top-quality healthcare to their patients. As a solo carer or part of a home health agency, you understand the importance of people living at home while they manage chronic conditions or recover. You provide essential care to other people however, who is supporting you?
BizInsure is a great way for Alaska Home Health Aides to obtain insurance that will protect their small businesses. Home health insurance for aide agencies is available regardless of you location in Alaska—from Anchorage to Fairbanks.
Why become a home health care professional in Alaska?
In Alaska, home health aides are highly sought-after. This is a great opportunity to enter the healthcare field and improve the lives of Alaska patients.
Why do Alaskan home health providers consider insurance?
Home health aides can assist those who are disabled, elderly or chronically ill. Patients can stay comfortably and in safety of theirs home due to the assistance you provide. However, you may be sued or face expensive legal liability due to these unique working conditions.
Accidents are bound to happen, and you may have to pay the victim or their family members if they do. These lawsuits and claims can be expensive. The lawsuits that result from healthcare claims can take your money and even threaten your job. Alaska home care insurance assists caregivers as well as home health aides by safeguarding their financial security.
Did you Know?
General Liability insurance protects against real and unfounded claims made by third parties against your business or employees.
Alaska Home Healthcare Business Insurance
Many kinds of insurance for businesses can be used to assist home health aides and other health professionals while they perform their duties.
General Liability Insurance
Also referred to as Commercial General Liability (CGL) or “slip and fall coverage”, this insurance can protect your business against bodily injury or property damage lawsuits from outside parties. The policy will cover legal expenses as well as the costs of resolving the issue (up to the limits of your policy).
This protection is offered for claims with merit as well as ones that are baseless.
What is typically covered?
General Liability insurance protects against the cost of lawsuits and claims as the result of:
- Injuries to third parties
- Damage to property owned by a third party
A General Liability policy will cover third party claims with no merit. It is expensive to settle claims that are not legitimate. Aides and home health agencies can be more confident knowing that their financial security is covered by a General Liability policy.
What isn’t typically covered?
The following situations are usually not covered under the General Liability insurance policy:
- Compensation claims for workers and personal workplace injury
- Damage to your personal property
- Damage to property caused by intentional acts
- Mistakes and omissions in your work
There is a chance that you won’t be protected for specific situations. You can find details of your coverage in the policy documents.
Professional Liability Insurance
Also known as Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance, this type of policy protects your business against claims of negligence, misrepresentations, or mistakes. Professional Liability claims are typically made by clients who allege some form of financial damage as a result of your services, products or employees.
What is typically covered?
Professional Liability insurance covers legal costs that could result from:
- Mistakes in your professional advice or services
- Allegations of negligence
- Services not provided or due dates missed
- Contract breaches
Clients typically bring these kinds of lawsuits against you, claiming that your work led to financial losses. Even if the claim is bogus Professional Liability insurance policies can provide protection.
What isn’t typically covered?
These incidents generally are not covered by Professional Liability Insurance:
- Injuries to third parties
- Damage to the property belonging to a third-party
- Compensation claims for workers, or personal workplace injuries
Check your policy documents for more details on what your Professional Liability insurance covers.
Miscellaneous Medical Liability Insurance for Home Health Care Providers
Home care providers, like home health aides, typically require multiple insurance types to protect against various risk. BizInsure offers a Miscellaneous Medical Liability package that includes the most popular insurance that home care providers typically require.
The package offers Professional Liability and General Liability insurance. It also includes Cyber Liability, which helps protect against security breaches, malware attacks, and other risks for your company.
Who is required to be covered by health insurance at home?
Alaska is home to numerous healthcare professionals who may require insurance for home care.
- Home Healthcare Aides – Subcontractors, individual contractors and sole proprietors may require insurance to safeguard themselves and their clients.
- Home Healthcare Agency – Protect your small business and your employees by obtaining insurance for home health agencies.
- Other Healthcare Professionals – There are a variety of healthcare professionals who could benefit from insurance such as physical therapists, nurses and caregivers.
BizInsure can assist Alaska agencies and home health aides locate General Liability insurance as well as other insurance coverage. Start a quote to compare policies in minutes!
What is the price of Alaska’s home health insurance?
The cost of Alaska home health insurance may differ between individuals and agencies. Since each health care provider is different, the insurance premiums they pay will differ too.
The factors used to calculate the cost of business insurance include:
- Educational and professional qualifications – Do you have the right training to perform the job? Do you have the right license to work as an Alaska health care provider?
- The city, county or town you work in – Health care providers located in cities with larger populations, such as Anchorage or Fairbanks, are likely to pay more than those located in smaller regions.
- Claims history – A history of claims from the past could result in higher insurance rates.
- The level of coverage you need – More expensive premiums are typically connected with greater coverage. Some clients may demand that you keep a minimum amount of coverage.
Are you interested in knowing what the cost of business insurance is? Comparing quotes from multiple insurance companies will help you determine the best home healthcare insurance plan for your company.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the potential dangers for Alaska's home health providers?
Alaska’s home health providers offer exceptional care for their patients. Being in close contact with others at their homes could create risk. Insurance is a great way to deal with the most frequent dangers you could encounter.
- General Liability insurance – Accidentally you fall and damage a vase inside the home of the patient. General Liability Insurance may be able to assist home health aides with claims like this.
- Professional Liability insurance – The families of patients rely on your expertise and skills. You may be accused of negligence if you commit a mistake during your care or if you do not meet the expectations of the patient.
- Cyber Liability insurance – Certain sensitive patient data could be kept by home healthcare organizations. Cyber Liability insurance is available to assist you in recovering from data breaches or malicious attack, as well as any other harm to your company.
BizInsure is a site that assists home health care agencies and aides in finding commercial insurance that covers the risks that they encounter every day.
Learn more about home health care insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929