Home Health Care Insurance in Kansas
- Compare prices in minutes with no obligation to purchase
- Purchase online, instant coverage confirmation
- Access high-quality insurance companies (A-rated or better)
Kansas Agency for Home Health Insurance
Home health aides offer the highest quality of care to their patients. You know how important it is that people can live comfortably at home. While you are busy looking after those around you, who is supporting you?
BizInsure is a way for Kansas home health aides to obtain insurance that will protect their small-scale business. There are insurance options for home-health aide agencies in every state, which means it doesn’t matter where you live or where you live, it doesn’t matter if it’s Cincinnati or Cleveland or Toledo or Columbus.
Why consider becoming a Home Health Aide in Kansas?
Home health aides are in demand in just about every state and even Kansas. If you’re interested in a career in health care, this is a great way to enter the field and have an impact on the health of patients throughout the Buckeye State.
According to 2021 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Kansas has just under 23,450 home health aides. In the next few years, this number will likely increase. The number of home health aides in the country will increase by 25% between 2021 and 2030. This is faster than the average growth rate for all occupations of 8%.
Kansas home health aides and personal caregivers make an average of $24,140 annually or $11.60 an hour. Kansas home health aides might earn more in larger cities than in rural areas or smaller metropolitan areas. The average annual salary for personal and home care aides in Texas is $22,620, and Mississippi’s average is $20,980.
Why do the home health professionals in Kansas require insurance?
Home health aides are able to work with those who are disabled, elderly or chronically ill. Patients can remain in peace and security at home due to the services you offer. The reality is, you may be sued or subject to expensive legal liability when things go wrong.
Accidents happen and you may have to cover medical bills for a patient, or their family members. It can be expensive to file a lawsuit or a claim. This could cause financial problems and even lead to the ending of your career. Insurance for home care in Kansas helps healthcare professionals in homes, home health agencies and other care providers protect their finances.
Did you Know?
General Liability insurance* provides cover against both real and unfounded claims made by third party.
Kansas Home Healthcare Business Insurance
Home health aides and other health professionals typically consider many kinds of insurance for business to protect them as they work.
General Liability Insurance
General Liability insurance protects businesses against third-party claims of injury and property damage. Your policy will cover legal expenses as well as the costs of resolving the issue, up to the policy limits. This protection is available to claims that have merit and those that do not. General Liability insurance may also be called Commercial General Liability (CGL), “slip and falls” coverage.
What is typically covered?
General Liability insurance covers lawsuits and claims that are a result of:
- Third-party bodily injury
- Third-party damage
You do not have to prove the claim under your General Liability policy. It also covers third-party claims that have no merit. Baseless claims can prove expensive to settle. A General Liability policy provides home health aides and agencies greater security when taking care of patients. They also safeguard their financial assets.
What isn’t normally covered?
Your General Liability insurance policy won’t be able to cover certain events, like:
- Personal workplace injuries and claims for workers’ compensation
- Property damage
- Damage to property caused by intent of an unintentional damage to the property of
- Your work could be contaminated by errors or omissions.
There could be additional circumstances that aren’t covered by your General Liability insurance that are not included in this list. You will find the complete coverage details in the policy documents.
Professional Liability Insurance
Professional Liability insurance* protects you from any mistakes or omissions in your work which can cause your client to lose money. It also covers you against third-party claims arising from professional negligence. It covers meritless as well as true claims. The E&O insurance* also protects Professional Liability.
What is usually covered?
Professional Liability insurance protects against legal costs (including settlements and judgments) which could arise from:
- Expert services and advice could be accompanied by errors or mistakes
- Negligence allegations
- Late deadlines or services not delivered
- Contracts that are breached
Clients typically bring these kinds of claims against you claiming that their work has led to financial losses. Insurance policies for Professional Liability offer coverage even if a claim brought against you is not substantiated.
What’s not usually included?
The following situations are not covered from the Professional Liability insurance:
- Bodily injury to third parties
- Damage to property caused by third parties
- Personal or workers’ compensation workplace injury
For more information on Professional Liability coverage, please refer to the policy wording.
Miscellaneous Medical Insurance for Home Care Providers
Home care agencies and home health aides typically require multiple insurance types to cover different risk. BizInsure provides an assortment of Medical Liability insurance* that combines common coverages that healthcare providers in the home typically consider. It covers General Liability as well as Professional Liability insurance, plus Cyber Liability* to help safeguard you from malicious software attacks as well as data breaches, among other incidents that could hurt your business.
Who is eligible for home health care insurance?
Kansas is the home of many healthcare professionals.
- Home Health Aids Subcontractors, independent contractors and sole proprietors may need insurance to protect them and their patients.
- Home Healthcare Agents Secure your business and employees by insuring your home healthcare agency.
- Other Health Professionals – Nurses, physical therapy, and carers are just some healthcare professionals who may benefit from having business insurance.
BizInsure offers General Liability insurance for Kansas home health agencies. Start a quote to compare policies in minutes!
What is the cost of Kansas home healthcare insurance cost?
The cost of Kansas home care insurance can vary widely between individuals. This is because every home health aide differs. The cost of insurance will be determined by your business’s distinctive structure.
The factors used to calculate premiums for business insurance include:
- Do you have the right education and qualifications to do your job? Do you have the right licenses to operate in Kansas as an Kansas healthcare provider?
- The county, city or town in which you reside. Health care providers located in cities with larger populations such as Dayton or Columbus are likely to be more expensive than those located in smaller regions.
- A history of claims A record of past claims can result in higher insurance rates.
- The level of coverage you require More expensive premiums are typically associated with more coverage. Clients might require minimum coverage.
How much does business insurance cost? Comparing quotes from more than one insurer can help to find home health insurance that suits you and your budget.
Why choose BizInsure for Home Health Aide insurance in Kansas?
Kansas home healthcare providers go to BizInsure for their business insurance needs:
Fast & easy application
We’ve done away with the complicated paperwork that usually goes with insurance. Our application process is simple, usually 10 questions or less.
We work with only A-rated or better insurers. We bring you reliable and competitively priced business insurance options.
No more waiting to hear back from a broker. You’ll receive your proof of insurance by email as soon as you buy.
Quality customer support
Licensed agents are ready to help at every stage of your insurance journey.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the dangers for Kansas's home-care professionals?
Kansas’s home healthcare providers provide exceptional care for their patients. Working so closely with other people in their homes can create particular risks. Insurance can help you to deal with the most common risks that you could face.
- General Liability insurance A patient slips and falls, which calls for a trip to an emergency room. Accidentally you fall and break a vase inside the home of the patient. These are two instances of claims General Liability Insurance can assist with as a home-health aid.
- Professional Liability insurance – Patients and their families depend on your skills and knowledge. If you make a mistake in your treatment or live up to their expectations, you could face an action for negligence or another Professional Liability claim.
- Cyber Liability insurance Home healthcare agencies might keep sensitive patient information. Cyber Liability insurance will help you repair any damage caused by a breach of data.
What are the home healthcare aide license requirements in Ohio? How do I get a home healthcare license in Ohio?
There are no licensing requirements in Ohio for home healthcare aides. However, there are other requirements you need to meet to work in the state.
If you are working for a home healthcare agency in Ohio that is Medicare/Medicaid certified, you will need to:
- Pass competency evaluation
- Complete 75 hours of training
- Complete 16 supporting hours of clinical training
You will likely receive ongoing training from the agency while you are employed there.
To work as a Medicaid-certified independent health aide in Ohio, you will need to:
- Enroll with the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services
- Obtain a state-level background check
- Obtain an FBI background check (if you have lived in the state for less than 5 years)
After you’ve put in the hard work of becoming a home health aide, you’ll likely want to protect your career and the business you are building. Home healthcare business insurance in Ohio shields you against many of the common risks you could face on the job. It can help you work with more peace of mind, knowing that your finances are protected against costly claims and lawsuits.
Learn more about home health care insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929