Louisiana Errors and Omissions Insurance
- Compare prices in just a few minutes, with no obligation to purchase
- You can purchase online online to receive your insurance confirmation
- Access only top-quality insurance companies (A-rated or better)
What exactly is Errors and Omissions insurance?
Errors and Omissions, otherwise known as E&O or Professional Liability insurance, protects your business against claims of negligence, misrepresentation or mistake, as well as document or paperwork errors.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Advocacy 2022, there are 471,240 small companies in Louisiana. They account for 99.5 percent of all businesses in the state But these numbers are growing.
There is the chance to make mistakes, regardless of what field you work in, the product that you sell, or the type of your business. Even if you have an impressive track record any error can result in a lawsuit against your business.
In a highly competitive business world, where clients are increasingly becoming more demanding in their requirements, Errors and Omissions insurance may be necessary to assist small business owners to protect their future cash flow. Your company is protected from any claim arising out of your inattention (errors) and insufficient services (omissions).
What does Errors and Omissions Insurance cover?
In Louisiana, Errors and Omissions insurance typically covers a variety of expenses, up to the limit that is specified in your insurance contract. You can save:
- Legal fees – Lawyers typically charge an hourly rate. Employing a good lawyer can be expensive, even if your dispute is resolved swiftly. The longer it takes the case to be settled the more money you may spend.
- Court Expenses – filing documents in the court’s office, the cost of underwriting, other administrative costs, as well as any legal fees.
- Settlements – To make both sides financially more efficient and to avoid costly, lengthy costs of litigation, the majority are settled outside of court. You may have to pay an individual client a certain amount based upon the advice of your lawyer.
- Judgments – If your case goes to trial, and the judge rules for the plaintiff then you’ll have to pay the judged amount. Otherwise, there’s the possibility of a lien being secured against the assets of your business.
Who needs Errors and Omissions insurance?
Professionals and businesses whose work involves giving clients guidance, education, designing solutions or those who represent the needs of the public should take Errors and Omission insurance.
Regardless of whether the associated claim is legitimate or baseless, Errors and Omissions insurance will protect your professional reputation, your profits and business assets from the potential for costly results.
Professions that usually require Error and Omissions insurance include but aren’t restricted to:
|Home Care Providers and Businesses||Yoga Instructors|
What is the price of Errors & Omissions insurance?
In Louisiana, the annual average cost for Errors and Omissions Insurance is around $695. This is, however, contingent on the size of your company. Like any insurances more risk element you have the more you’ll have to pay for it.
These are the variables which affect the price of your errors and omissions:
- The priorities of your business, its location and risk tolerance
- Your company’s turnover and size
- The amount of insurance you need
- If so, what was your prior claims have been denied.
- The people being covered – their qualifications, qualifications, suitability to the task and if they’ve any claims history
How can I get Errors and Omissions coverage for my Louisiana business?
BizInsure allows you to compare E&O policies with the most reputable U.S. insurance companies. BizInsure will find the best insurance for small-scale businesses with a cost-effective price.
Learn more about errors and omissions insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929