Errors and Omissions Insurance in Colorado
- Compare prices in minutes, no obligation to buy
- Buy online and instantly receive confirmation of your coverage
- Access only top-quality insurance companies (A-rated or better)
What is Errors & Omissions insurance?
Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance protects you from claims raised due to unintentional mistakes made in the professional capacity. E&O coverage is sometimes sold as Professional Liability insurance.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of Advocacy, there were 691,230 small-scale businesses in Colorado as of 2022. They comprised 99.5% of all state-wide businesses, however, these numbers are increasing.
Mistakes happen, no matter the industry you are in, the product you offer or the nature of your offerings. Even if you’ve got an excellent track record any mistake could result in a lawsuit against your business.
Errors and Omissions insurance is vital for entrepreneurs with small businesses in order protect their financial security in a competitive market. Your company is protected from any claim arising out of your inattention (errors) or insufficient service (omissions).
What does Errors and Omissions insurance cover?
E&O insurance in Colorado covers costs up to the limit specified in your contract. A policy generally covers expenses like:
- Legal fees – The majority of lawyers offer hourly rates. Even if the matter is settled quickly however, it is costly to get a good lawyer. The longer it takes for the issue to be resolved the more money you will need to pay.
- Court Costs – Filing of documents using court fees, underwriting costs and other administrative expenses.
- Settlements to reduce costs for both parties and to avoid costly, lengthy legal costs, the majority of claims are settled without the courtroom. It is possible to have to pay an individual client a certain amount based on the advice of your lawyer.
- Judgments – If your case is put to trial, and the judge decides for the plaintiff, then you must pay the amount that was adjudged to be fair. In the event that you do not, there is the possibility of having a lien put on your company’s assets.
Who may need Errors and Omissions insurance in Colorado?
Errors and Omission insurance is recommended for business and professionals whose job includes providing advice, educating suggestions, or conceiving solutions.
Whatever the case is true or not, Errors & Omissions insurance will safeguard you, your company, and your reputation from the repercussions of a costly mistake.
Many occupations choose Errors and Omissions insurance. These include however, they are not restricted to:
|Home Care Providers and Businesses||Yoga Instructors|
How much does E&O insurance cost in Colorado?
In Colorado, the average cost for E&O insurance is approximately $664 per year. However, it depends on the nature of your business. As with most insurances, the riskier the element the more you’ll be required to pay for it.
These are the factors that may affect the price of Errors and Omissions coverage:
- The priorities of your business, its location and risk tolerance
- The size and turnover of your company
- What is the amount of insurance you need?
- If you have any, please provide your previous claims background
- The individuals being covered – their qualifications, suitability for the position, as well as any claims they have made in the past
How do I get E&O insurance for my Colorado business?
BizInsure allows you to compare E&O policies with the top U.S. insurance companies and find the most suitable protection for small businesses for a fair price.
Learn more about errors and omissions insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929