Errors and Omissions Insurance Georgia
- Compare prices in only a few seconds. There’s no obligation to buy
- Buy online and receive confirmation of coverage immediately
- Access only top-quality insurance companies (A-rated or better)
What is Errors & Omissions Insurance?
Errors and Omissions insurance (also called E&O or Professional Liability) protects you from claims raised due to unintentional mistakes made in the professional capacity.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Advocacy As of the year 2022, there were 1.1million small-scale businesses in Georgia. While they accounted for 99.8% of all the state’s businesses, these figures are increasing steadily.
There is a chance to make mistakes, regardless of which industry you’re in, the products you offer, or the nature of your business. Even if you’ve got good track records one error could be the cause of a lawsuit against your company.
Errors & Omissions coverage is crucial for small business owners in order to safeguard their future financial security in a competitive market. Your business is covered against any claims arising from your mistakes (errors) as well as insufficient services (omissions).
What does Error and Omissions insurance cover?
In Georgia, Error and Omissions insurance covers a range of expenses, up to the limit set in your contract. This insurance will allow you to save on:
- Legal Costs Lawyers usually charge an hourly fee. Engaging an experienced lawyer can be expensive, even if your case is resolved quickly. The longer it takes the case to be settled, the more money you will need to pay.
- Court costs Filing papers with the court, underwriting charges and other administrative expenses.
- Settlements to keep both sides in the pocket and avoid expensive, long-drawn-out costs of litigation, the majority are settled without the courtroom. You may have to pay your client a specified amount, depending on the recommendation of your legal counsel.
- Judgments – If your case is put to trial and the judge rules for the plaintiff then you’ll be required to pay the judged amount. If you don’t, there’s the possibility of a lien being put on your company’s assets.
Who really needs Errors and Omissions insurance?
Professionals and companies whose job involves giving clients counsel, informed recommendations or conceiving solutions, or who are able to represent the needs of the public should take Errors and Omissions insurance.
Regardless of whether the claim is genuine or not, Errors and Omissions insurance will protect your professional reputation and your company’s profit assets from costly negative consequences.
Many occupations may need Errors and Omissions insurance. They include, but are not limited to:
|Home Care Providers and Businesses||Yoga Instructors|
What is the price of Errors & Omissions insurance?
In Georgia, although the annual cost of Error and Omissions insurance is $612, it varies based on the type of business. As with other policies, the greater the level of risk, higher the premium you’ll have to pay to cover that risk.
The main factors that will determine the amount of your Errors and Omissions premium include:
- Your company’s goals as well as the location and risk tolerance
- Your business’ turnover and size
- The amount of insurance you need
- If there is, you’ve had a previous claims history
- The employees being covered include their qualifications, their suitability to the position, as well as any past claims
How do I obtain Errors and Omissions insurance for my Georgia business?
BizInsure make it easy to compare E&O policies with the top-rated U.S. insurance companies, and discover the best coverage for your small company for a low cost.
Learn more about errors and omissions insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929