Errors and Omissions Insurance in Tennessee
- Compare quotes in just minutes, with no obligation to buy
- Make a purchase online now to receive the confirmation of your coverage
- Access only top-quality insurance companies (A-rated or better)
What is Errors and Omissions insurance?
Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance protects you from claims raised due to unintentional mistakes made in the professional capacity. This type of insurance is also called Professional Liability.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Advocacy, as of the year 2022, there are 652,795 small businesses operating in The Volunteer State. They account for 99.5 percent of the state’s businesses and are rising.
No matter what industry you’re in, what types of products that you offer, or the nature of the services you offer there is always the chance to make mistakes. Even if you be a seasoned professional, all it takes is one mistake to start a lawsuit against your business
Errors & Omissions Coverage is vital for small-scale businesses to to safeguard their future financial security in a competitive market. Your company is protected from any legal claims that arise from your negligence (errors) or insufficient service (omissions).
What does Errors and Omissions insurance cover?
E&O insurance covers accepted claims up to the maximum amount stipulated in your contract. It will help you save on unexpected expenses, such as:
- Legal Costs – Lawyers usually cost an hourly fee. The cost of hiring a competent lawyer is expensive, even if your matter is resolved swiftly. Therefore, the longer it needs to be resolved the more money you will have to pay.
- Court Expenses filing documents with the court, underwriting fees, other administrative costs, and any associated legal expenses.
- Settlements to help save both parties money from expensive lengthy litigation, most claims are settled out of court. In accordance with what your lawyer’s advice is on your behalf, you may have to pay your client a certain amount.
- Judgments – If your case goes to trial and the judge rules for the plaintiff then you must pay the amount that was adjudged to be fair. Otherwise, there’s the possibility of a lien being placed against your business assets.
Who needs Errors and Omissions insurance in Tennessee?
Businesses and professionals whose work involves providing clients with counsel, informed recommendations and solutions, or who meet the needs of others are sometimes required to purchase Errors and Omissions insurance.
Errors & Omissions Insurance will safeguard you, your company, and your reputation from financial repercussions, whether a claim is valid or not.
Occupations that often consider Errors and Omissions insurance include:
|Home Care Providers and Businesses||Yoga Instructors|
How much does E&O insurance cost in Tennessee?
In Tennessee, the average cost of E&O Insurance is $721 per year. However, it depends on the nature of your business. As with other insurances the more level of risk, the greater amount of premium you’ll likely be charged to cover the risk.
These are some of the variables which may affect the price of your Errors and Omissions insurance:
- Your business’s priorities, location and your risk appetite
- The turnover and size of your business
- How much insurance you require
- If applicable, please include your previous claims experience
- The persons being covered – their qualifications, their suitability to the job, and any previous claims
How to obtain E&O insurance for Tennessee business?
BizInsure makes it simple to compare E&O policies with the most reputable U.S. insurance companies and find coverage for your small business at a price that is affordable.
Learn more about E&O insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929