Errors and Omissions Insurance Mississippi
- Compare prices in just a few minutes, with no obligation to purchase
- You can purchase online online to receive your confirmation of coverage
- Access only top-quality insurance companies (A-rated or higher)
What is Errors and Omissions insurance?
Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance protects you from claims raised due to unintentional mistakes made in the professional capacity. It may also be sold as Professional Liability insurance.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of Advocacy, there were 270,534 small-scale businesses in The Magnolia State as of the year 2022. They represented 99.3 percent of all businesses in the state however, these numbers are increasing.
Errors and mistakes happen, no matter what field you work in, the products that you market or the nature of your products or services. Even if you have an impressive track record any error can lead to a lawsuit against your company.
Errors and Omissions insurance is essential for many small business owners to ensure their financial security within a competitive market. Your company is protected from claims arising out of your carelessness (errors) and insufficient services (omissions).
What does Errors and Omissions insurance cover?
In Mississippi, Errors and Omissions insurance covers a range of costs, up to the amount stated in the insurance contract. This insurance will allow you to save on unplanned expenses like:
- Legal Costs – Lawyers typically offer hourly fees. Even if the issue is resolved quickly the cost can be high to engage a competent legal counsel. The longer it takes for the matter to be resolved the more you will have to shell out.
- Court costs Filing documents in court or underwriting fees and other administrative expenses.
- Settlements – To help save both parties from costly long-drawn-out litigation, usually claims are settled out of court. You may have to pay your client a specified amount, based on the recommendations of your lawyer.
- Judgments – If your case goes to trial, and the judge makes a ruling for the plaintiff then you may need to pay the judged amount. In the event that you do not, there is the possibility of having a lien applied against your business assets.
Who may need Errors and Omissions insurance in Mississippi?
Professionals and businesses whose business is to provide clients with information, advice, and educated suggestions and designing solutions, as well as those that represent the requirements of others are required to purchase Errors and Omissions insurance.
It doesn’t matter if the claim is valid or not, Errors & Omissions insurance will safeguard you, your company and your image from the negative consequences.
A variety of professions may require Error or Omissions Insurance. These include among others:
|Home Care Providers and Businesses
How much does Errors and Omissions insurance cost?
In Mississippi, the average annual cost for Errors and Omissions insurance is $735. However, it depends on the nature of your business. As with any insurance, the more risky the element, the higher you will be charged for it.
These are the factors that can affect the expense of your mistakes and omissions:
- Your company’s top priorities, its location and your risk appetite
- Your company’s revenue and size
- How much insurance do you need?
- If applicable, please include your previous claims have been denied.
- The people being covered – their qualifications, qualifications, suitability to the job and if they’ve any history of claims
How can I the obtain E&O insurance for my Mississippi business?
BizInsure makes it easy to compare E&O policies with top-rated U.S. insurers, and discover great insurance options for your small company at a reasonable cost.
Learn more about errors and omissions insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929