Errors and Omissions Insurance in Oregon
- Compare quotes in just minutes, without obligation to purchase
- Buy online and get confirmation of coverage instantly
- Get access to top insurance companies (A-rated or better)
What is Errors and Omissions insurance?
Errors and Omissions, otherwise known as E&O or Professional Liability insurance, protects your business against claims of negligence, misrepresentation or mistake, as well as document or paperwork errors.
Errors and Omissions (also known as Professional Liability) protects small business owners from financial risks that result from negligence or error during the provisions of professional services.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of Advocacy, there are 402,928 small businesses in the Beaver State as of the year 2022. They represent 99.4 percent of all businesses in the state. However, the numbers are rising.
There is always a chance to be a victim of mistakes, regardless of what industry you work in, the products you offer or the nature of your products or services. Even if you have good track records one error could lead to a lawsuit against your business.
Therefore, in a competitive business environment, in which customers are becoming increasingly demanding, Errors and Omissions insurance is important to help small-scale business owners protect their future cash flow. Errors and Omissions insurance defends your business from lawsuits that arise as caused by your negligent actions (errors) or insufficient service (omissions).
What does Errors and Omissions insurance cover?
In Oregon, Errors and Omissions insurance covers a variety of costs up to the limits that is specified in your insurance contract. It will allow you to save on unplanned expenses like:
- Legal fees – The majority of lawyers charge an hourly rate. Even if a case can be resolved quickly it’s costly to hire good legal counsel. The longer it is resolved, the more you’ll pay for it.
- Court Costs – Filing documents with the court, underwriting fees, other administrative costs, and any legal costs related to it.
- Settlements are a way to save each party from the expense of lengthy litigation, most claims are settled outside of the court. Depending on what your lawyer’s recommendations are, you might have to pay your client a set amount.
- Judgments – If your case is put to trial, and the judge is for the plaintiff you’ll need to pay the amount that was adjudged to be fair. Otherwise, there’s the possibility of having a lien placed on your assets as a business.
Who may need Errors and Omissions insurance?
Professionals and businesses whose work includes providing clients with expert advice, educated advice, designing solutions or those who represent the needs of the public may take Errors and Omissions insurance.
Regardless of whether the claim is genuine or not, Errors and Omissions insurance will protect your professional reputation and profits as well as business assets from costly consequences.
Many professions consider Errors and Omissions insurance, including:
|Home Care Providers and Businesses
How much does E&O insurance cost in Oregon?
The average cost for Errors and Omissions insurance in Oregon is $620 per year. However, it depends your particular business. Like all insurances more risk element you have the greater the premium you’ll be required to pay for it.
These are the elements which affect the price of errors and omissions
- Your company’s objectives, your location and risk appetite
- The volume and the turnover of your company
- How much insurance you require
- If applicable, please include your previous claims are from the past.
- The persons being covered are their credentials, suitability for the job , and if they have any history of claims
How to get E&O insurance for my Oregon business?
BizInsure allows you to compare E&O policies with top-rated U.S. insurance providers, and find the best coverage possible for your small company for a low cost.
Learn more about E&O insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929