Errors and Omissions Insurance in Utah
- Compare quotes in a matter of minutes with no commitment to buy
- Shop online to get instant access to your insurance confirmation
- Access only top-quality insurance companies (A-rated or better)
What is Errors and Omissions insurance?
Errors and Omissions insurance, otherwise known as E&O or Professional Liability insurance, protects your business against claims of negligence, misrepresentation or mistake, as well as document or paperwork errors.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Advocacy as of 2022, there are 324,821 small businesses in The Beehive State.
Even though they made up 99.3% of the state’s businesses, these figures continue to increase.
No matter which field you’re in, what nature of the products you offer, or the nature of your services there is the chance to make mistakes. While you might be an experienced professional, it only takes one mistake to start a lawsuit against your company.
Errors and Omissions insurance helps small business owners to protect their future cash flow. Your business is insured against common liabilities arising from your negligent actions (errors) or insufficient service (omissions).
What does Error and Omissions insurance cover?
In The Beehive State, Errors and Omissions insurance covers your legal costs up to the maximum amount stipulated in your contract, such as:
- Legal fees The majority of lawyers offer hourly rates. Hiring good legal counsel is expensive, even if your dispute is resolved swiftly. The longer it takes for the issue to be resolved the more you will likely need to pay.
- Court Expenses filing documents in the court’s office, charges for underwriting as well as other administrative costs and any legal costs related to it.
- Settlements to make both sides financially more efficient and reduce costly, lengthy legal costs, the majority of claims are settled outside of court. According to what your lawyer’s recommendations are, you might have to pay your client a certain amount.
- Judgments – If your case is put to trial and the judge rules in favor of the plaintiff, then you’ll have to pay the amount that was adjudged to be fair. In the event that you do not, there is the possibility of a lien being placed on your assets as a business.
Who needs Errors and Omissions insurance?
Errors and Omissions insurance is recommended for individuals and companies whose work involves offering advice, providing educated guidelines, or creating solutions.
Regardless of whether the associated claim is valid or not, Errors and Omissions insurance helps protect your professional reputation as well as your business’s profits and assets from the potential for costly effects.
Professions that typically consider Errors and Omissions insurance include but aren’t excluded from:
|Home Care Providers and Businesses||Yoga Instructors|
How much does Errors & Omissions insurance cost in Utah?
In Utah, the average cost for E&O insurance is approximately $872 per year. However, it depends on the nature of your business. Like most insurances, more risk element you have that you are exposed to, the more you be required to pay for it.
The main factors that will determine the amount of your Errors and Omissions are:
- Your company’s objectives, your location, and risk appetite
- Your company’s turnover and size
- The amount of insurance coverage you need
- If there is, you’ve had a previous claims have been denied.
- The employees being covered include their qualifications and suitability for the position, as well as any past claims
How to get Errors and Omissions insurance for my Utah business?
BizInsure makes it easier to compare E&O policies from top-rated U.S. insurers and find suitable coverage for your business at an affordable cost.
Learn more about E&O insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929