Errors and Omissions Insurance
in South Dakota
- Compare prices within minutes. There’s no commitment to purchase
- Buy online and receive confirmation of coverage instantly
- Access only top-quality insurance companies (A-rated or better)
What is Errors and Omissions insurance?
An Errors and Omissions insurance policy (also known as E&O or Professional Liability insurance) is an essential policy that protects you and your company in case of a lawsuit due to alleged professional wrongdoing.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Advocacy as of 2022, there are 90,274 small businesses operating in The Mount Rushmore State. While they accounted for 99% of South Dakota businesses, the numbers are growing steadily.
No matter what industry that you’re working in, the nature of the products you offer, or the nature of the services you provide, the possibility for making mistakes is present. Even if you have an excellent track record, a simple error can be the cause of a lawsuit against your company.
In a highly competitive business environment, in which clients are becoming increasingly demanding in their requirements, Errors and Omissions insurance can help small business owners protect their future cash flow. Your company is protected from the financial impacts of liabilities arising from your inattention (errors) and inadequate services (omissions).
What does Errors and Omissions insurance?
In South Dakota, Errors and Omissions insurance covers a broad range of expenses that are up to the amount that is specified in your insurance contract. It can save you money on:
- Legal Costs – Lawyers typically cost an hourly fee. Even if the matter is resolved quickly however, it is costly to get a good lawyer. The longer it takes the issue to be resolved the more money you will be required to invest.
- Court expenses – Documents filed with the court, costs for underwriting or other administrative costs and any other legal costs.
- Settlements to help save both parties money from expensive lengthy litigation, most claims are settled outside of court. According to what your lawyer’s advice is on your behalf, you may have to pay the client a certain amount.
- Judgments – In the eventuality your case goes to trial, and the judge is in favor of the plaintiff you’ll be required to pay the adjudged amount or be at risk that a lien will be placed on your business assets.
Who may need Errors and Omissions insurance?
Errors & Omissions insurance is recommended for individuals and companies whose work is based on providing advice, education guidelines, or creating solutions.
Whatever the case is valid or not, Errors & Omissions insurance can protect you, your business, and your image from costly consequences.
Many occupations consider E&O insurance, including:
|Home Care Providers and Businesses||Yoga Instructors|
How much does E&O insurance cost in South Dakota?
In South Dakota, the average cost of Error and Omissions insurance is approximately $629 per year. However, it will vary based on the nature of your business. Like other insurances, the greater the risk, the higher your premium may be.
Factors that determine the expense of your Errors and Omissions coverage include:
- Your company’s priorities is location, priority and risk appetite
- The volume and the turnover of your company
- The amount of insurance you need
- If any, your previous claims have been denied.
- The individuals being covered – their qualifications and suitability for the position, as well as any past claims
How to get E&O insurance for my South Dakota business?
BizInsure makes it easy to compare E&O policies with top-rated U.S. insurance companies, and to find the most comprehensive insurance for your small firm at a cost that is affordable.
Learn more about E&O insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929