Errors and Omissions Insurance in Minnesota
- Compare prices in just a few minutes. There’s no obligation to purchase
- Purchase online to instantly receive your coverage confirmation
- Access only top-quality insurance companies (A-rated or better)
What is Errors and Omissions insurance?
An Errors and Omissions insurance policy (also known as E&O or Professional Liability insurance) is an essential policy that protects you and your company in case of a lawsuit due to alleged professional wrongdoing.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Advocacy 2022, there are 534,397 small businesses in Minnesota. They comprised 99.8 percent of all state-wide businesses, but these numbers are rising.
There is always a chance to be a victim of mistakes, regardless of what industry you work in, the product that you sell, or the type of business. Even if you have an impressive track record an error could be the cause of a lawsuit against your business.
Thus, in a highly competitive business environment, where customers are becoming increasingly demanding in their requirements, Errors and Omissions insurance may be required to help small business owners protect their future finances. Your business is insured against any liability arising from your inattention (errors) as well as insufficient services (omissions).
What does Errors and Omissions insurance cover?
In Minnesota, Errors and Omissions insurance covers a variety of expenses (up to the policy limits). This typically includes:
- Legal costs – Most lawyers have an hourly charge. Employing a good lawyer can be costly, even if the issue is resolved quickly. The longer it needs to be resolved the more you have to shell out.
- Court Charges – Filing court documents as well as underwriting and administrative expenses.
- Settlements to help save each party from the expense of long-drawn-out litigation, usually claims are settled out of court. There may be a need to pay the client a set amount, depending on the recommendation of your lawyer.
- Judgments – In the event that your case will go to trial, and the judge finds in favor of the plaintiff you’ll need to pay the adjudged amount or be at risk that a lien will be placed on your business assets.
Who may need Errors and Omissions insurance in MN?
Errors and Omissions insurance is recommended for business and professionals whose job includes providing advice, educating suggestions, or conceiving solutions.
Regardless of whether a claim is valid or not, Errors & Omissions insurance will shield you, your business, and even your reputation from costly consequences.
Professions that usually require Errors and Omissions insurance include:
|Home Care Providers and Businesses||Yoga Instructors|
How much does Errors and Omissions insurance cost in Minnesota?
In Minnesota, the average price for E&O insurance is around $777 per year. However, it depends on the size of your business. As with any insurances the more risky the element the greater the premium you’ll be charged for it.
The main factors that will determine the price of your Errors and Omissions policy include:
- Your company’s top priorities, its location and risk appetite
- Your company’s revenue and size
- The amount of insurance you need
- Your previous claims history in the event of there were any
- The employees being covered include their qualifications, suitability to the job, and any past claims
How can I get Errors and Omissions insurance for Minnesota business?
BizInsure allows you to compare E&O policy options from top-rated U.S. insurance firms, and locate protection for your small businesses at an affordable cost.
Learn more about E&O insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929