Errors and Omissions Insurance
- Compare prices within minutes. There’s no commitment to purchase
- You can purchase online online to receive your confirmation of coverage
- Access only top-quality insurance companies (A-rated or better)
What is Errors & Omissions insurance?
Errors and Omissions (E&O), otherwise known as Professional Liability insurance, protects your business against claims of negligence, misrepresentation or mistake, as well as document or paperwork errors.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Advocacy As of the year 2022, there were 542,700 small businesses in Missouri. Even though they made up 99.4 percent of the business in the state, these figures continue to increase.
You could become a victim of mistakes, regardless of the industry you are in, the products that you sell, or the type of your business. Even if you’ve got good track records, one mistake can result in a lawsuit being filed against your company.
Therefore, in a highly aggressive business environment, and where clients are increasingly becoming more exigent in their demands, Errors and Omissions insurance is essential to many small business owners, helping them safeguard their future cash flow. Errors and Omissions insurance protects your company against claims arising caused by your negligent acts (errors) or the inability to provide services (omissions).
What does Error and Omissions insurance cover?
In Missouri, Errors and Omissions insurance can cover a wide range of costs, up to the limit specified in your insurance contract. This could help you avoid out-of-pocket expenses like:
- Legal costs – Most lawyers have an hourly charge. Employing a good lawyer can be expensive, even if your dispute is resolved swiftly. The longer it requires to resolve, the more you’ll need to spend.
- Court expenses – Filing papers with the court or underwriting fees and other administrative costs.
- Settlements to help save both parties money from expensive lengthy litigation, generally claims are settled out of the court. You may have to pay the client a particular amount, depending on the recommendation of your legal counsel.
- Judgments – If your case will go to trial and the judge finds in favor of the plaintiff you’ll be required to settle the amount, or risk the possibility of a lien being placed on your company assets.
Who needs Errors and Omissions insurance in MO?
Businesses and professionals whose work involves providing clients with expert advice, educated advice as well as solutions to problems or who serve the needs of others usually purchase Errors and Omission insurance.
Regardless of whether the claim is valid or not, Errors and Omissions insurance can safeguard your reputation as a professional and profits as well as business assets from the potential for costly results.
Many occupations consider buying Errors and Omissions insurance. These include:
|Home Care Providers and Businesses||Yoga Instructors|
How much does E&O insurance in Minnesota?
In Missouri, the average cost for E&O insurance is around $681 per year. However, it depends on the nature of your business. Like any insurance, more risk element you have the greater the premium you’ll be charged for it.
Factors that affect the cost of your Errors and Omissions coverage include:
- Your business’ priorities are location, risk appetite and priorities
- The size and turnover of your business
- How much insurance do you require?
- If you have any, please provide your previous claims experience
- The persons being covered – their qualifications, qualifications, fit for the position, as well as any past claims
How do I obtain Errors and Omissions insurance for my Missouri business?
BizInsure makes it simple to compare E&O policies with the top U.S. insurance companies, and then find the most suitable protection for small businesses at a reasonable price.
Learn more about errors and omissions insurance in the states where you work.
© Copyright 2023 BizInsure LLC, 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BizInsure LLC; CA DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency LLC; NY DBA: BizInsure Services LLC; NH DBA: Simple, Smart, BizInsure Insurance Agency; PA DBA: BizInsure Services LLC. 2950 Buskirk Ave Suite 300, Walnut Creek CA 94597. License #0H81929